2024-03-28, 10:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tabun's Wolf3D textures in action (Screenshots from my RTCW map)  (Read 9786 times)
Arno

Cacodemon

« on: 2003-06-15, 19:19 »

I've been kinda out of touch lately with the Wirehead community. Just now I remembered a chat Tabun and I had quite some time ago. I had just released my RTCW map which featured some of Tabun's textures. Tabun didn't have RTCW at that time, so he was unable to check out how his own textures were used in the game. So I promised to make some screenshots so he could check it out. Well, here they are. All three screenshots are made in a special secret area.

Maybe this will inspire some mappers around here.  B)

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-06-16, 07:02 »

NICE!!  Somebody make a Wolf3d-ish map for Gen NOW!!!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lunatic Guy

« Reply #2 on: 2003-06-16, 12:19 »

Now this is what I really call Return to Castle Wolfenstein!!!  Slipgate - Laugh
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #3 on: 2003-06-16, 20:00 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Somebody make a Wolf3d-ish map for Gen NOW!!!
I'm working on it... I'm just not sure how to do the weapon layout in Han's pad (because a lightning gun and a mega health seem kind of lacking)   <_<

« Reply #4 on: 2003-06-16, 20:51 »

Quote from: Phoenix
NICE!!  Somebody make a Wolf3d-ish map for Gen NOW!!!
Hm..... it might actually be possible to convert the map for Resurgence. And I mean the whole map, not just the secret Wolf3D area. The end result might not be release worthy, but I always wanted to play my map in coop. And Resurgence is as close to coop as it can get.

If I find some spare time in the weekend, I'll try to get my map running in Quake3. If that works, I'll ask for Resurgence specific stuff.
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #5 on: 2003-06-16, 20:55 »

Sorry, that guest was me. I had no idea you could post anonymous here.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2003-06-17, 18:52 »

for all people who dont have RTCW
go download the FULL version of RTCW:ET
its fun , its full , its filled with players , and it free Slipgate - Smile

http://www.planetwolfenstein.com
and no it isn't illegal

im gonna start making d2m32 somewhere next week.

gonna let my sof2 map rest for a while now (ma looks good but is a bit to small for sof2 and it plays to slow (I learnt some nic tricks there for myself.)

like how to trigger 1 how to trigger lights without being cappable of doing them out.

making a candymachine wich is filled with grenades and is shootable (front is glass )  and doing some very nice other things Slipgate - Smile wich are truly awesome for me that is .

next week I start at the new map (I will try ) and im gonna try to make some special thingsin it , (love things that move and can be shot )

and if sombody could ever give me some resurgence code on how to say where a monster has to respawn I could even start puting in a cyberdemon on the right place and all .  

(reminds me , will generations ever enable deathmatch WITH monsters like in doom that was awesome. specially when you just killed a cyberdemon and after a minute he respawned . )
« Last Edit: 2003-06-17, 18:55 by games keeper » Logged
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2003-06-17, 21:49 »

hehe yea a wolf map whould be nice Slipgate - Smile i whould like to create one of my own but i'll do that once i finish those other maps im working at...
cool arno whould be neat if we could play your map in gen!

GK: hell im sorry but i just don't understand what you mean there ???
Guest_games keeper

« Reply #8 on: 2003-06-18, 15:39 »

nothing , I was just telling
you guys I found out some handy tricks.
like making candymachines and triggered lights.
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #9 on: 2003-06-19, 20:18 »

You gotta admire the flexibility of the Quake3 engine. All I did was move all the textures and mapobjects to the Quake3 folder, add a info_player_deathmatch to the map and recompile it.

Result:

Of course, the console was full with warnings because of all the unknown RTCW-related entities, but the map actually DID load. Amazing!

Unfortunately, it didn't run in Generations. It came up with something like "DEFAULT MODEL [Visor] failed to register" at 95%. Can't really blame it, considering the map is filled with weird shaders and unknown entities.
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #10 on: 2003-06-19, 22:28 »

Well I'm not that shocked it ran considering RTCW is a Q3-powered game. Now, if we want to get into bragging about making Q3 do crazy stuff, ask me to show you the Half-Life maps i (forcibly) got Quake 3 to run... Slipgate - Smile

P.S. And these were maps I did not have the, uh, 'creation' files or whatever, simply ones i pulled off the net... shhhhhhh dont tell anyone...
« Last Edit: 2003-06-19, 22:29 by OoBeY » Logged
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #11 on: 2003-06-20, 05:47 »

lol, nice
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #12 on: 2003-06-21, 20:15 »

well since rtcw uses the say map format as q3, things should go fine, only the ents are diffrent.

hehe hl map in q3.. Slipgate - Laugh
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2003-06-23, 00:49 »

Indeed.  Remove the bad entities and any shader references that are not native to Q3 and it should cross over nicely.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Guest_games keeper

« Reply #14 on: 2003-06-23, 07:24 »

reminds me to sa that I cant get tabuns doom textures to work in q3radiant
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #15 on: 2003-06-23, 12:19 »

first time mapping games?  there is a certain way of getting them to show up, and currently i dont have rad installed atm, but they do work.
Guest_games keeper

« Reply #16 on: 2003-06-23, 13:07 »

second time mapping Slipgate - Smile
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: