2024-04-18, 01:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: School Friggin Bites  (Read 8728 times)
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« on: 2005-06-15, 10:26 »

I hate school so bad, that I am desperate to throw my ass in the friggin river and sleep with the fish.
I don't have time to do freaking dill weed, I hate these stupid crappy finals that expect us to know every mundane ideological idea taught in the whole year. You get a written test, a final project, and a lovely eye stabbing 5 paragraph essay on stuff that is so insignificant and annoying, that you start to hear voices and funky crap that makes you go nuts. Between the freaking 4 freaking hours of doing homework that is so annoying that every thought you get is a master plan how you are gonna commit suicide. I literally gagged when I seen the question on my Literature final "What is the theory of knowledge?" What the crappy crap shit on twig is this? I just want to freaking die. And I don't even have time to do that.

[edit]
*sigh
wrong fourm [/edit]
/dies
« Last Edit: 2005-06-15, 10:27 by Little Washu » Logged

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-15, 12:56 »

Cheer up man! think about how good you will feel once those finals are done! Slipgate - Smile
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-15, 15:30 »

Same here. But the most ridiculous thing here is that the theachers are copnsidering go make a strike in the days of the nacional finals (exams). Good thing is that i'm going to make 2  nacional exams only (Math and Portuguese), because the school exams (that are made to the remaining classes) are done. 2 weeks only with school exams....

I HATE SCHOOL!!!!!

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-15, 17:10 »

And yet, school is the only thing between you and being an uneducated moron ;p

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #4 on: 2005-06-15, 17:40 »

Thanks for who ever moved this topic. Slipgate - Smile

They strike because of low pay. Well, they get three months off during the summer! More more more money. Did you know that the National Teachers Union is the largest, most influential union in the U.S.? So I pay them (in taxes) to teach their fascist opinionated political viewpoints. They teach kids "their" ethnics that are totally immoral, and irrelevant to what should be the focus of their lives. I gotta admit that since 90% of all teens attend a public school, that this is a heavily tempting target to influence. The public school has a monopoly (which is illegal BTW) Why? Because if you choose to send your child to a private school then not only do you have to pay tuition, but your property tax to the fascist public school system.
I am gonna try to dig up an extensive, letter I composed to my school, exposing their bias ways of teaching through irrefutable evidence with the sources highlighted to back it up. I'll post it in this topic when I find that bad boy. Funny, I almost got suspended for this. When they said this I said.
"Okay that's cool, In that period I will hand this letter out to parents and organizations, sweet! Between doing hours of mumbe-licious nonsense essays and other ridiculous pieces, I didn't have time to do this."
They said,
"Well I guess I'll have to reconsider this then, don't want that happening."
Yeah, if it wasn't true, and was all lies, they would counter it with evidence that disproves it. They asked, "to keep the peace" not to share it with anybody, I said "hell no!?"

Tabs, I know some of these uneducated morons and I find that they can be the smartest people in the world in different perspectives, because their natural way of thinking isn't plagued by the schools. Education is vital, but an bias impure education is worthless in the light of the truth.
There is no competition at all. Even though children who are home schooled come out smarter then the public school student.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-15, 17:45 by Little Washu » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-06-15, 18:02 »

Isn't it funny how "freedom of speech" only applies to those whom they agree with?  Otherwise, let's shut you up.  Nope, can't have that bible.  Nope, can't wear that T-shirt.  Nope, can't think those thoughts.  Nope, can't write that as an answer - can't be YOUR opinion, you have to parrot what WE say you should think.  Education is just a polite way of saying "brainwashing".  Ever hear "Welcome to the Machine" by Pink Floyd when they say "What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream."  It hits the nail right on the head.

The best education is the kind one seeks on their own.  Learning from initiative, and curiosity - exploration is how people find real answers.  All the world's greatest discoveries were made by people who saw something they didn't understand and kept picking at it until they finally did.  The Wright Brothers didn't fly the first airplane by sitting in a classroom.  The basics - reading, writing, and math are simply necessary for communication, and are there for people to strive in their own direction.  All this touchy-feely social bullshit is just that.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2005-06-15, 19:25 »

Well, I must compliment the Dutch educative system then, because they didn't push me into any (important) biases. When it came to sensitive matters, I was taught about alternatives and nuances. For instance, although I attended a 'Christian school', part of our obligatory subject matter was a thorough unbiased representation of world religions (such as Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, etc). Never were we silenced or hindered in speaking our minds here, either. At the time, I stated my thoughts as openly as I do now and discussion was stimulated sooner than dismissed. There were in fact some (metal fan) Satanists who wore upturned crosses, pentagrams and even corpse-paint in my school, and they weren't reprimanded. (Sometimes mocked, but to be fair: they were idiots, regardless of their statement)
I didn't enjoy every minute of school, but I was aware of what they offered me, and I was grateful for the way they provided structured, high quality education at a relatively low price.

The average Joe simply won't learn jack shit about history, culture, language(s), physics etc, if they are not stimulated or even obliged to, judging by the way everyone seems to hate going to school no matter where they live or what they're taught.
This is not about Finding Answers, this is about having some base level of knowledge to work with. Kids don't want to learn, they want to play. And play they should - but not exclusively, because then they'll be subject to idiotisms throughout their lives. Even if the parents would take over the current tasks of public schools, the danger for biases and low quality education becomes bigger. The majority of people will not be inventors of important things or make great discoveries - the majority will be people you have to work with and live around.

Surveys show that hideous percentages of (the European) population have no idea about our solar system (about 30+% either doesn't know whether the earth revolves around (a point close to) the sun or not, or think it's the other way around. Many more would be unable to write a simple letter if their lives depended on it.  Millions have no clue when it comes to the basics of worldwide topography. I'm sure there's more examples to think of than these.

If a few make the mistake of assuming everything mr. Teacher says is correct, it becomes a tough dilemma, at least. To ignore the good things that are stimulated in school just because people are easily brainwashed is also a bit unfair. In any case, it's a bit odd to consider schools and universities as little more than brainwashing facilities. If things are so bad over there that this view is closer to the truth than anything else, I fear for the States any which way.

(I add this because I do not know what public schools are like over there, not to pretend superiority of Europe (etc), before anyone jumps to that conclusion)
« Last Edit: 2005-06-15, 19:30 by Tabun » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2005-06-15, 19:59 »

Quote from: Tabun
If things are so bad over there that this view is closer to the truth than anything else, I fear for the States any which way.
Sadly it is, in a lot of places.  I'm hearing this directly from parents who have children in school right now, and from their grandparents.

Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #8 on: 2005-06-15, 21:50 »

it depends where you goto school, the school i went to was awesome. most of the teachers there fund alot of things out of their own pockets because they dont have enough money given to them from the school(as in school budget, something that gets cut every year). Think about it this way, ONE sports superstar makes about as much as, oh say, 25-30 teachers? anyone else see whats wrong with that? now, im not saying ANYBODY should be payed that much, nor am i saying we need to go all communist and spread everything around. im basically saying that teachers have been getting the shit end of the stick for a job that MOST of america DOESNT want to do, and the good majority of them LOVE THEIR JOB. but for anyone to suggest that they "DONT NEED" a pay raise, is absolutely rediculous. at least a good 3/4 of my teachers have passed up higher paying jobs because they LIKE TEACHING.

you all whine about them shoving their opinions down your throat, then do something about it! if they are doing that then they shouldnt be teaching and ESPECIALLY in todays day and age its easy as hell to get a teacher in trouble(whether they really deserve it or not).

Im also not saying that ALL teachers are awesome and great, but doesnt that go for every profession? theres always going to a few bad apples in the bunch and you have to deal with it. Unfortunately, todays modern media(or should i just say entertainment? the news isnt even news anymore.. but thats a seperate discussion) likes to only show the bad and horrible things teachers do.

Teachers on large, are underpaid for what they do(hmm, what other job is like that? the military perhaps?), and if we'd all just take our heads out of the bubble of TV, sports and soap operas for 5 minutes, our kids would be infinitely smarter than they are now.

Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2005-06-16, 00:41 »

Heh, if you think it's bad where you are, come to Wisconsin where UW Madison controls EVERYTHING. There is NO academic competition in this state.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2005-06-16, 08:34 »

The schools here in sweden usually works very good overall the swedish population is quite educated so i wont complain that much Slipgate - Smile tho there where certain things i did not like with the school but i guess u can't like everything
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2005-06-16, 16:04 »

Hed, the problem is there's no oversight.  The Teacher's Union, the school boards, and the politicians control the schools, not the citizens and not the parents.  Since schooling is mandatory and only wealthy people can send their kids to private schools, this means most parents have ZERO say in what kind of education their children receive.  To show a further point, a good friend of mine was on "homebound" education while he was layed up for over a year from an injury.  He's no genius, but a pretty smart fellow.  He ended up having to tell the homebound Geometry instructor what the textbook was talking about because the teacher didn't have a flocking clue.  His parents didn't believe him at first that the guy was an idiot until his mother was off work one day and heard it for herself over the intercom that the schools provided.  Afterward she blasted the school administrators and everything else over this, and it did absolutely no good to change the system.  I remember watching him through this ordeal, and how many times he complained about how frustrated he was and how frustrated his parents were, and how stupid the whole situation was.

See, they don't fire teachers for bad performance, like any government job they just shuffle them around.  Anyone hear about that rape case in Columbus, Ohio, where the boys accosted a mentally retarded girl, and one of them even videotaped the ordeal?  The school officials never even called the police because "they didn't want a media circus" and the assistant principle who was told of the incident was in a meeting and did not want to be interrupted.  So... anyone fired from failing to report a crime?  Nope.  Not only that, but failure to report a felony to the authorities carries criminal penalties as well, and no charges have been filed against the administrators.  Does anyone else see something wrong with this?

I'm all for solving problems, but how can you solve the problem of bad education bureaucracy when the money is always going to flow from tax dollars?  In the market if you screw up your company goes under and someone else wins.  Government mandated programs have no competition nor do they have direct citizen oversight to keep them in check.  THAT is the problem, there has to be oversight and accountability, of which there currently is none.  Now, you tell me how this can be fixed?

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #12 on: 2005-06-16, 18:11 »

Did you know that many years ago, the majority of parents would participate in school board meetings? Now you are lucky to get 3 or 4 showing up. Parents should be active in their school, finding out what children are being taught, and cleansing the curriculum if there are issues. You don't see that anymore, because the world is corrupted to think that they can do what they want.
"Do what you want." - first verse of the Satanic Bible

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2005-06-16, 18:20 »

I suggest you leave 'the world' out of this, because I've seen plenty of parent-school interaction here. I also frown at the leap from a lack of communication or input to anarchistic policy.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #14 on: 2005-06-16, 18:57 »

Well, the selfish nature of the "I can do whatever I want and screw you if you don't like it" mentality is pretty pervasive in the US right now, along with the "I WANT MY RIGHTS!!" screaming fury that usually accompanies it when somebody squawks about the rudeness.  It's not called the "ME" generation for nothing.  I don't know how it is in Europe, but in regards to the US, Washu is fairly correct.  Chivalry is quite dead here, except among a continuously shrinking minority.

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #15 on: 2005-06-16, 21:42 »

Quote from: Tabun
I suggest you leave 'the world' out of this
Of course I can't say that for everything. But I could say the majority. I never been to Europe so maybe I'm wrong about majority. But American culture does try to spread its rotting virtues all across the world.

Quote from: Pho
"I WANT MY RIGHTS!!"

Yep that all people care about. They care more about their rights then what is right, and what is right is not relative.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-16, 21:45 by Little Washu » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: