2024-04-25, 16:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition for Tourney Results  (Read 5764 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2005-08-14, 05:20 »

We, the undersigned, do hereby request information on the results of the annual WireHead Studios Generations Arena tournament, held at Quakecon, this past Saturday, August the 14th, in the year 2005.

Such information should include the number of players, the names of the winners, and demos of the action, if at all possible.

--ConfusedUs
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-14, 05:45 »

I second the motion.  Why the hell are none of the Wireheaders on IRC?  I've been enduring #quakecon for hours and not a peep.
« Last Edit: 2005-08-14, 05:46 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
LeeMon

Team Member
Shambler

« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-14, 07:24 »

Sorry, can't hit IRC from the BYOC for some godforsaken reason.

Okay, next year, I'm setting up all the tournament stuff ahead of time, including the maps.

Good news: Not only do I have all the results, AND the names of the winners, I have the demo files from the semifinals and finals.  Go me.
jess

Archvile

« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-17, 16:37 »

Before this conversation goes any further, I'd like to explain. The BYOC was having major network issues. One of the backbones went down during set up etc. Many online applications were VERY slow or were not able to be used. Even local computers in the tourney area were hard pressed to get any other website up besides the *local* tournament website. There were reports during the first couple days that even the local tournament site wasn't able to be viewed from the BYOC. I just wanted to let every one know the situation before people started ranting and raving about us not being on here during the event.
jess

Archvile

« Reply #4 on: 2005-08-17, 16:41 »

Quote from: LeeMon
Okay, next year, I'm setting up all the tournament stuff ahead of time, including the maps.

If you want to do it all have fun and good luck.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-17, 17:03 »

In the infamous words of John Carmack and ID software.

"When its done."

(now if i could delete my guest post)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: