2024-03-29, 07:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thursday Throwdown (9-1)  (Read 7545 times)
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« on: 2005-09-01, 17:15 »

Sorry I'm late again.

It's custom game time here at Wirehead Studios! This week, it's a Low Gravity game. Maps will be Doom and/or Slipgate only, since this environment is anything but rail-friendly. The closest thing to the straight-up Doom vs. Slipgate game people want so badly, will Doom's speed give him the needed edge, or will Slipgate's air control rule the day? Games start at 9PM CET on the European server and 9PM EST on the U.S. server -- and server information is on the servers page, as always!

The game settings poll for 9-8 is now up! Your choices this week:

Per-map FFA - If you play on the Euro server regularly, you know the drill here. Various settings changed with each map.

Fully loaded FFA - Ammo is overrated! Start each respawn loaded with ammo and armor. Just realize that if you do manage to run out, you'll have to die to get more.

Slipgate-only FFA - Standard free-for-all deathmatch with only the Slipgaters class.

Per-map CTF - Same deal as Per-map FFA, but it's Capture The Flag!

Strogg vs. Arena TDM - Class wars! The balanced arsenal of the Strogg Troopers against the middle ground everything of the Arena Gladiators ... who will win?

The poll comes down Sunday night (or Monday morning). Vote now!
« Last Edit: 2005-09-02, 04:15 by Makou » Logged

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-09-01, 18:46 »

As usual, the Euro game settings will depend on the desires of those showing up. Be sure to voice your opinion or to do a /callvote.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-09-01, 20:21 »

The Central server has been set for Doom and Slipgate only, and 25% gravity.  I've not modified the maplist any, but users can callvote specific maps if they so choose.  It's always interesting to combine space maps with low gravity, especially when no railguns are present, so don't forget to callvote some of those space maps (q3dm16 through q3dm19, and q3tourney6) if you want some low grav voidality action!

Edit:  Whoops... it looks like Q3 likes to read the map's gravity info AFTER the map loads, so it's resetting to 800 every level, even if I put a custom config in.  We'll need an admin present during the match.  I'll probably be asleep at the time, so Mak, do you think you can admin the US server tonight?
« Last Edit: 2005-09-01, 20:39 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2005-09-02, 00:42 »

Curse Q3's ignorance!
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #4 on: 2005-09-02, 03:13 »

Awk. I was in a staff meeting until about 9PM, and didn't get back until quarter after. I dropped in and managed to get a few low-grav maps going -- I think I did you proud in showing just how well Doom can handle low gravity versus the Slipgate class. Slipgate - Smile

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Guest_Rubilacxe

« Reply #5 on: 2005-09-03, 03:56 »

Strogg Vs. Arena
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2005-09-04, 03:05 »

Quote from: Makou
Awk.
Awk?  Doom - Huh?

Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2005-09-04, 05:19 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Awk?  Doom - Huh?
Would you have prefered a squawk from him instead?
Xypher
Carbon-based Homosapien with an affinity for c++

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #8 on: 2005-09-18, 08:30 »

Ugh...as usual...i had to miss BOTH freaking games...damnit!

Sliders
Uptime: Yes!
Last Idle: 6 Years

http://hellbat.mine.nu
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2005-09-21, 23:50 »

I think Mak's off duty for the moment, he's been having some real problems with his college's internet.  For the time being, it's "anything goes" on the server.  You want a custom game?  Callvotes are always welcome until things get back on track, or just grab an available admin and ask for some settings if it's something that can't be callvoted.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: