2024-04-30, 01:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Can't Trust Government  (Read 4456 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2005-09-23, 18:34 »

Mr. LaPierre noted TV news coverage showing law-enforcement personnel going door-to-door to seize guns from New Orleans-area residents -- an action he said is unprecedented in U.S. history. The NRA official said he's talked to "hundreds of people who are enraged" about the new policy.
    Given the lawlessness in New Orleans, residents who remain in the storm-ravaged area there need their guns for protection, said Mr. LaPierre.
    "Things are worse at night, and people say their gun is the only source of comfort they have, the one thing they can depend on to save themselves and their families," Mr. LaPierre said, noting that a "third of the New Orleans Police Department walked off their jobs" during the Katrina emergency.
http://washingtontimes.com/national/200509...11326-6278r.htm

Anyone who's argued "that's what police are for", here's why you're wrong, and why you can stuff it.

Now, I hope there are at least some people reading this that are as livid about it as I am.  It's bad enough the politicians failed the people down there, but to kick them in the teeth when they're already down and leave them at the mercy of murderous gangs and thugs goes beyond simple negligence and into the realm of utter madness.  Bear in mind the city of New Orleans has one of the most corrupt administrations in the entire US, and an equally corrupt police force.  They're using this as an excuse to just "disarm" people "because they can", robbing people of their rights, their freedoms, and their property - even the very means to protect themselves and their families, just when they need it most.  One kind of thug has merely been replaced with another, the only difference is one wears a bandana and the other a badge.  They desert the people who need them, while stabbing them in the back as they violate the constitutional rights of the people by depriving them of their right to keep and bear arms, and also depriving them of property without due process of law.  This is a blatantly criminal deprivation of civil liberties.

This is a great shame on this nation.  Not only has the government of New Orleans and Louisiana failed to handle the hurricane disaster, bearing responsibility well ahead of any failures at the Federal level, the New Orleans police force has shown utter cowardice by deserting their ranks, and now those that remain are proving to be nothing but a treacherous gang of jack-booted thugs with a complete disregard for the US Constitution as well.  I offer this as a stark reminder of why you can neither depend on nor trust government for protection.  Look at this carefully, look at it damn carefully, because you're seeing but a glimpse of what they will do when an even worse crisis comes along.
« Last Edit: 2005-09-23, 18:36 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #1 on: 2005-09-23, 21:49 »

All I can say is "Welcome to New Orleans." New Orleans has one of the worst local governments in the country and Louisiana itself is not much better.
t0ts

Imp

« Reply #2 on: 2005-09-23, 22:23 »

if the government tries to suspend our constituation we can just kick their ass and steal their supplies  Slipgate - Smirk
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #3 on: 2005-09-24, 09:12 »

Tots is right, it says that we can rebel if the government strays from it's purpose: Serve the people.
The government is not doing alot of that anymore.
All I can say is, bend over, feel the pain, you getting screwed.

Naoscaire

Imp

« Reply #4 on: 2005-09-26, 23:01 »

I find it rather disheartening that this has not gotten more press than it has. I read through my rss feeds almost daily and this is the first I've heard of it.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-09-27, 04:43 »

Well the liberal media isn't going to cover it.  They'll go out of their way try to pin Bush down as a racist and "completely unsympathetic to the poor black man", as they have tried to do since obviously the President sent this hurricane to New Orleans on purpose [sarcasm]because he hates blacks[/sarcasm] but they won't cover a real bone fide civil rights concern, especially since eliminating private firearms ownership is a part of the leftist world view.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: