2024-04-19, 21:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese...WTF?  (Read 20514 times)
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« on: 2005-10-17, 10:25 »

Is it just me or IS EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD CHANGING THEIR NICKNAMES TO THAT THEY HAVE A DAMN JAPANESE SUFFIX? Oh wait, lemme just change my nickname to [KruzadeR]-chan so that everyone in the world loves me because I have a japanese suffix in my nickname. WAIT EVEN BETTER! Lemme change it to KruZchan. Isn't THAT JUST *`^?*`?_: IDIOTIC? Let's see:

Tabun - Tabun-san; Phoenix - Phoenix-san; Angst - Angchan; ~SpawN~ - Spachan; Little Washu - Washchan; Footman - Footychan; Makou - Makchan; [Warden] - Wardchan; ConfusedUs - Confusedchan; Lilazzkicker - Lilazzchan; Tekhead - Tekchan; Reboot - Rebchan; games keeper - gammychan; Oobey - Oobeychan; scalliano - scalchan; shambler - shamblchan; woodsman - woodychan; Kain Xavier - Kain-kun; Lee'mon - Leechan; L4mby - L4mchan; McDeth - Dethchan; Devlar - Devchan; Omega-X - Ommychan ; Dr. Jones - Jonnychan; mecha - Mechchan; Robby-chan; etc...

If your name doesn't appear in this list, please post here as I will turn your original and imaginative nickname into something lamme, Kawaii and chiibi with a japanese suffix in the end.

Slipgate - Shouting  Slipgate - Shouting  Slipgate - Shouting
« Last Edit: 2005-10-18, 07:59 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-17, 12:52 »

'Tabchan' would indicate that you were nicknaming a child, which is, needless to say, somewhat offensive! Tab-san is much preferred, if you want to go 'Japanese' on me :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-17, 13:05 »

How about Tab-sensei? Slipgate - Laugh I know the meaning of the suffixes. I used -chan for everybody because I am ranting, so I just discharge all my anger to the most common suffix in the net : -chan.

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2005-10-17, 13:18 »

Quote from: [KruzadeR
] Kain Xavier - Kainnychan;
WAI! WAI!    SUGOI!!!!   Supaa kuru Kuruseidaa-chan! Slipgate - Laugh  Slipgate - Laugh  Slipgate - Laugh  Slipgate - Laugh  Slipgate - Laugh

Demo, watashi wa "Kain-kun" desu.
« Last Edit: 2005-10-17, 13:20 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-10-17, 13:34 »

Phoenix-san will suffice.  Domo arigato, Mr. Kruzader-san!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #5 on: 2005-10-17, 19:41 »

OH MY LORD! Isn't it bad enoguh to use the sufixes? I mean spelling and talking like a japanese is even worse. And OK I'll change it to Kain-kun.

Bah I hate these stupid suffixes.

Vous sont stupide en utilizer le language de Japon pour parler. Je pref?re le Fran?ais ou le Anglais ou le Portugais pour parler Kain-kun, Tabun-san & Phoenix-san.

EDIT : PLEASE DON'T YOU DARE USE THE SUFFIX "-sama", 'CAUSE THAT'S THE WORSE OF THEM ALL!
« Last Edit: 2005-10-17, 19:43 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2005-10-17, 21:31 »

I don't even have to use language tools to translate that.

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2005-10-17, 21:47 »

"Aru yu seru Kami-sama, Margaret desu?" ;p  (Note:  I have no clue if "seru" is correct.  All I know is that "th" is often substituted with "s")

I could do Spanish if you'd prefer, but I'm very rusty.  I've forgotten how to conjugate for  future tense and past tense.  So the most you'll get from me is a bizzarre comment in present tense such as this...

"!Mi perro es mi esposa y me encanta!"
« Last Edit: 2005-10-17, 21:48 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #8 on: 2005-10-17, 22:06 »

Basically you're saying :

"O meu c?o ? a minha esposa e isso agrada-me!"

But I think that the spanish is just an imitation of the Protuguese... OK not imitation...an archaic Portuguese. After all, my country already spoke Spanish at the time of it's creation. But my language evolved,instead of the Spanish that got static and has been like that for many centuries. Therefore i hate Spanish. Here's a simple example : We can understand them, but they can't understand us.

BiGRoB85

Gladiator

« Reply #9 on: 2005-10-17, 22:54 »

So, I guess I'd be "Rob-san" or "Robby-chan" then...

-BigRob85

(Not so) Proudly turning dual gats into BFGs since 2004!
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #10 on: 2005-10-18, 05:39 »

Yeah I know how it is like. Anime nerds who are not Japanese that act Japanese. That drives me up the wall.
Oh and BTW... Bonzai!!!!!!!!!!!  Slipgate - Ninja
« Last Edit: 2005-10-18, 05:40 by Little Washu » Logged

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2005-10-18, 08:35 »

Is that bonsai (the tiny artsy trees) or banzai (the yell of passion - a.ka. three more rounds, please!)? ;]
Is 'sama' a common suffix? I was under the impression that it was only useful for addressing the highest of daimyo? Anyway, sensei has been rather cliche'd, which is a shame (partly because Japan(ese) rocks and their language is beautiful - and partly because sensei deserve respect). Oh well, fun stuff :]

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #12 on: 2005-10-18, 12:47 »

Ok, imagine a girl that likes you, or a girl that you are dating. If she called you "Tabun-sama" that would mean that she has a crush on you or that she considers you as her boyfriend. This suffix is normally used by girls/women and rarely used by boys/men.

And BTW I never said I don't like the Japanese language, all I'm saying is that I hate those people that try to be and speak japanese.

And BTW Banzai is in fact a TV show. A lamme one I might add.
« Last Edit: 2005-10-18, 12:48 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2005-10-18, 15:58 »

Heheh. I didn't say you said that (ad infinitum) - I merely wanted to show what the official (and not the kiddie-slang) use of the -sama extension is.

Also, 'banzai' was a perfectly 'ordinary' and meaningful word long before it became a popular shout and/or name for TV shows, bars and the like.
It's more of a general Asian term, instead of something Japanese per s?. It could be translated more like 'give three cheers!' or 'to good health' - which, in characters, literally reads: 'ten thousand years'. Meaning 'long live' and thus cheering and praising the emperor. It seems to have become a battlecry after that, in WWII.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #14 on: 2005-10-18, 16:46 »

Quote from: Little Washu
Yeah I know how it is like. Anime nerds who are not Japanese that act Japanese. That drives me up the wall.
What drives me up the wall are white boys who act like they're black boys who grew up in the projects, drive riced-out Hondas their rich daddies bought for them, and have more money invested in their !@#!@# crap bass thump speakers than I have in all my computers put together.  Don't even get me started on the word "bling"... or "hizouse", and if anyone EVER tries to Sha-nizzle me or anything of mine I'll turn you into a pincushion.

I wouldn't care so much how they act and dress if it weren't for the !@#@!# bass thump crap, but please.. you're trying to be "original" how, exactly?  By looking, dressing, and acting like every other white boy who watches MTV and BET does?  Oh yes, and wear pants that actually fit.  You look like the bloody dolts you are walking with one hand holding your drawers up like that, and didn't anyone tell you that people laugh behind your back when they see you walking around with your hand on your crotch?  It would be sad if you ever had to run for your life wearing getup like that.  Trip and fall square on your nose you would when your pants fell straight around your ankles, and it'd serve you right too.  It's one thing to want to be "expressive" in some kind of style, it's another to be completely impractical and unoriginal about it.  But then, who am I kidding?  I almost forgot the kind of individuals I was talking about here.  I mean, if they actually thought for themselves they wouldn't do any of that stuff to begin with.

And yes I'm ranting.  This is the forum for it.  Yay!
 :rules:

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #15 on: 2005-10-18, 19:42 »

Oh you mean a wigger. Yes, it also is irritating. Another thing that irritates me profoundly is people that want to look bad by wearing a NYY hat. You see, here in Portugal everyone that wants to be a "bad guy" wears NYY (New York Yankees) hats, but most of them doesn't know what that means, it's just cool. That sucks.
« Last Edit: 2005-10-19, 09:01 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #16 on: 2005-10-19, 07:51 »

What drives me up the wall are white boys who act like they're black boys who grew up in the projects,

Oh I second that to the 'T'. And share your feelings. I mean, talk like a normal human being not shit like. "Yo whaz crack fazzizle pimp daddy yo?" Speak f-cking english tard.

Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #17 on: 2005-10-20, 07:43 »

Watashi ha no Hannah ai suru

/me giggles
Slipgate - Tongue
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #18 on: 2005-10-22, 17:41 »