2024-04-19, 06:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nukes?  (Read 7863 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2006-04-09, 08:08 »

The Bush administration is planning to use nuclear weapons against Iran, to prevent it acquiring its own atomic warheads, claims an investigative writer with high-level Pentagon and intelligence contacts....

Hersh claims that one of the plans, presented to the White House by the Pentagon, entails the use of a bunker-buster tactical nuclear weapon, such as the B61-11, against underground nuclear sites. One alleged target is Iran's main centrifuge plant, at Natanz, 200 miles south of Teheran.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...xportaltop.html

If this is true, and if it comes to pass, it will be the first official use of a nuclear weapon in an act of aggression since the atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki.  Has it really come to this?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-09, 10:17 »

That's pure speculation, I'm sure. The US wouldn't be that stupid. They do not want Dr. Strangelove all over them, you know. Although a war with Iran is inevitable.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-09, 10:25 »

I sure hope that's a belated April Fools..

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-09, 20:24 »

Quote from: [KruzadeR
] The US wouldn't be that stupid
I don't know anymore.

Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-09, 20:49 »

Hey, I didn't vote for that retard in the white house.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-10, 06:34 »

Quote from: Kajet
Hey, I didn't vote for that retard in the white house.
I did.

I used to think the alternatives could be worse, but after reading this. I'm not sure anymore. If the U.S. does this, it will prove it's international stereotype as the overbearing, "big kid on the block". If he uses a nuke, so help me God I hope the international community stops him.

Kruzader is right when he said this could be speculation, but I'm not sure if he was right in claiming the the U.S. isn't that stupid.

I feel some hardcore Revelations shit on the horizon, wouldn't you say, Bird?

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2006-04-10, 07:09 »

According to prophecy, during the battle of Armageddon, Russia (King of the North, Gog/Magog, etc) allies with an Arab federation led by the "King of the South", which is believed to be Egypt.  The second wave involves the "Kings of the East", which would include China, and perhaps North Korea since it's plural form of king used here.  An army of 200,000,000 soldiers is mentioned as well, which China could easily muster.  All these forced march against Israel in this campaign that lasts 3.5 years.  The US is nowhere in the picture of end times prophecy, a fact that has many biblical scholars greatly disturbed.  You can find Europe, China, Russia, Egypt, Arabia, Israel, but not the United States.  There's also a reason for this, and it's not a happy one.

Consider this for a moment.  Let's say the US uses nuclear-tipped bunker busters on Iran.  What does that say to China, Russia, North Korea, and the Arab world?  It says the US is willing to use nuclear weapons, and their fears about US imperialism, in their minds at least, are now entirely justified.  It means they will make plans on how to counter and defeat this perceived threat.  The Arabs naturally want Israel obliterated, so that's going to be part of the deal.  China, North Korea, and Russia all have military and economic ties in the Arab world, and China is connected economically, militarily, and ideologically with Russia.  China is hardline Communist, and don't forget Russia is led by an ex KGB guy named Putin, who I'm sure hasn't forgotten the days of Soviet might.  This links all these players together.

I don't think the US using nuclear bunker busters in Iran will result in WWIII overnight as some people might fear, but I do think it will result in a nuclear knife in the back when the US leasts expect it.  This would effectively take the US out of the picture.  Even without a complete military conquest of the United States, a severe economic collapse or infrastructure failure from an EMP airburst or a few carefully placed tactical nukes smuggled over an unsecure border would leave this country crippled and unable to fight.  There's always the possibility of a full-scale strategic strike by Russia or China or both if it comes to it.  That may sound unthinkable, but I won't rule out the possibility.  

I firmly believe the events in Revelation will play out in any case, but this situation with Iran would certainly give a logical impetus for their quickening.  Right now this is all speculation.  What actually happens with Iran is going to be a good indicator of where things will go in the future.

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2006-04-10, 12:36 »

Nuclear weapons are bad umkay?

The events at Hiroshima and Nagasaki should never ever be repeated.

I also do not think the Irani people will take as kindly to the US as Japan did if we utterly dominate them.

I pretty much have to agree with McDeth in this instance.

Sucutrule

Tank Commander

KETEZEIT PEW PEW

« Reply #8 on: 2006-05-02, 21:53 »

Okey...Im not catholic or from any christian church.In fact I almost hate The church from manipulating real facts.But that is Slipgate - Off Topic

Acording to the prophesies(Grabbing a Bible and start to reading it)"Then it was presented a white horse.The rider had a bow.He was crownd and left as a winner to keep winning."
This Biblical passage means the Antichrist.He scamed the world with his words of fake glory.Also he promised peace for the world,a fake peace,since this peace will destroy the humanity.

Resume:The antichrist will come here to talk about peace(Bush).That is a fake peace that will destroy the world(WW3,maybe the campaing of that Phoenix talked about)

Opinion:I will never believe in a asshole that talks about peace.PEACE IS UNEXISTANT IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A HUMAN BEING.There will be ALWAYS assholes that will make this world worse than hell itself.I think...Humans are a plage that must be cleaned from the board.Harmony is an ilusion.Peace is a sweet dream.And good is totally...stupid.

Nuff' said...

How I am supposed to type will all this cheese laying around?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2006-05-02, 22:19 »

Except that Bush is not and cannot be the Antichrist.  The Antichrist is to come from the same people as those that destroyed the city and temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD.  That was Titus and Vespacian - two Roman generals.  I know some people really do not like Bush, but regardless of your opinion of the man, or anything he's done, he's definitely not the Antichrist predicted in the Bible.

I'm not too fond of where we're at militarily.  Bush started out hardline, saying anyone who harbors a terrorist will be treated as one and dealt with.  I have no problem with that, but I'm seeing that policy is pretty much stalled.  You can't go around rattling swords and not follow through with your rhetoric.  Can the US afford to get into a full-scale war with Iran, while still in Iraq and Afghanistan?  I hate to say it but I don't think so, not with the populace and politicians so bitterly divided.

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #10 on: 2006-05-02, 23:37 »

Now if the EU wasn't a bunch of pussies, they would stay in Afghanistan and in the Iraq so that the US could attack Iran. But I honestly hope that leader of theirs dies. He is a serious threat to the whole planet, not only the civilized world, and if the rest of the world doesn't react to his attitude, we can be sure that a 3rd Atomic Bomb will be used on civilians.

EDIT : Hell, even Russia and China are against Iran.
« Last Edit: 2006-05-02, 23:38 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #11 on: 2006-05-02, 23:47 »

You would be surprised how Anti-American China and Russia are, even "after" the Cold War, Kruzader.  Those two will take any nuclear agression by the united states as an excuse to heavily arm themselves and if you ask me they have every right to do so. No country on this planet has the right to use a nuclear weapon. As a libertarian, such uses of said weapons will effect everyone. Using an atomic weapon is not a victimless crime, there will be third parties impacted by it. There is no exception. If you use it, you commit an act of agression against humanity, it's that simple.

If Bush does this, may God be with us.

And Pho, if he does I do believe the AntiChrist will follow.

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2006-05-03, 01:22 »

McDeth:  One disturbing aspect of prophecy is that the European Union, the Orient, the Arab states, and Russia are clearly identifiable, as is Israel.  The United States is not mentioned as a player in the battle of Armageddon.  It's not something I take great comfort in.  As this nation continues to turn its back on God, whatever blessings it had will slip away.  I just hope that its absense in prophecy is not an omen of things to come.  We shall see.

Kruzader:  Russia and China are most definitely not against Iran.  Any talk on their part is for show.  They have very strong military (Russia) and economic ties (both countries) to Iran.  Both have vested interest in Iran's oil, and China's oil contract alone is worth $2 billion.  They would not react kindly to US intervention in Iran.  They may talk about Iran shifting refinement operations to Russia, but remember Russia is behind their nuclear technology in the first place.  Russia is also the leading seller of arms to middle eastern nations.  With the Russian economy struggling ever since the end of the Cold War, they are not going to be too eager to see any more of their customers become US-controlled territories like Iraq and Afghanistan are.  If the US does use nukes, or even invade Iran with more conventional forces, it's going to make some adversaries of ours very, very skittish.  A conflict with Iran may be unavoidable at this point, as doing nothing means they will develop nuclear weapons, and there will be a war as a result of that.  Either someone else strikes Iran, or Iran will strike against the US and Israel.  Barring some miraculous spontaneous revolution in Iran or some act of divine intervention, I'm afraid a war is eventually certain.  God help us all for whatever happens next.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: