2024-04-19, 01:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention all mappers!  (Read 5889 times)
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« on: 2003-07-15, 21:28 »

Starting as soon as we get enough people, tentative opening july 20th at  22:00GMT (6PM CST) I will be hosting a small, regular-as-possible set of contests similar to the guys at http://speedmaps.fragland.net

The contests and rules are as follows:

Speedmap - Simply stated, make the best map you can in 60 minutes. Textureset, alternet media, and possible theme will be determined before the speedmap begins by a majority vote. After the 60 minutes mapping period, you will have 15 additional minutes of leeway for minor fixes, lightmap renders, etc. If, after 75 minutes, your map is not complete, by no means delete it, there will most likely be a place for all those maps that didn't make it in the Speedmap.

Turtlemap - One week, that's 168 hours, to create an awesome map. Heavy use of custom textures, models, music, etc. is encouraged. Just to state a fact: NO PR0N.. All Speedmaps and Turtlemaps have the potential to end up in an official generations mappack, so let's try to be proffesional here people Slipgate - Tongue.

Texturemap - Since it's the textures that really give a level that polished charm, as often as I find enough willing vict-er-people.. A theme will be chosen randomly, or by majority vote. 1 week (168 hours) to create the best texture set you can do. All winners and runners-up will be hosted with credits, with a possible best-of-the-best media package to be released. Texture set REQUIRES 1 of each of the following: Floor, Ceiling, Wall and Lights. Extra consideration given to: Doors, Trim, Supports, Misc(pads, tporters, etc.)

MediaThinktank - Similar to a Texturemap, but this is more collaboration than contest. Instead of posting a winner on the eventual webpage for these contests, everyone involved works together to create the absolute best media pack they can. Theme will be decided by majority vote. Music, map models, textures, sounds, just about anything goes here. Again, no pr0n Slipgate - Tongue.

These, and possible other contests will be held in #Maptank on irc.wireheadstudios.net

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #1 on: 2003-07-15, 21:54 »

ermm... excuse my ignorance, but WTF IS A TURTLEMAP?

judging by the name, i would assume it's an easily-defendable CTF map...
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2003-07-15, 22:23 »

Hehe yea what's a turtle map?
Anyway it sounds cool, tho im not much for speed mapping.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2003-07-15, 23:04 »

just like the description next to it says, you take 7 days to create the best map you can, the theme is up for discussion, the game type is mapper's discretion unless otherwise decided.. turtle(slow and steady) as opposed to speed..

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Xan

« Reply #4 on: 2003-07-17, 06:05 »

Swanky  :lol:  guess I'll give it a try...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: