2024-03-29, 03:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Parent's and Kid's Fashion (and I'm not talkin pink shirts)  (Read 7862 times)
Draco

Hell Knight

« on: 2006-05-05, 23:05 »

I am being more amazed today at what parents will put on their kids. I was walking in arden faire mall the other day and usually i pass by this like fashion infested store thats for little girls....you know..the usual....pink this pink that....just fasion oriented things for younger kids and low and behold i find a thong....thats right a THONG for girls like aged 8 and younger.....what the F$@! are they thinking??? and if that didnt irritate me enough, infront of the store was a group of little girls dancing for their instructer and WHAT are they wearing? tank tops that are worn like a bra and the pants hanging below the mid drift.

what is this....FUTURE SLUTS OF AMERICA? if they were teenage girls i wouldnt care...but little 6-8 yr olds or even YOUNGER in that type of wear? wtF are they thinking? i mean i just dont get it. how can parents dress their kids up like that? i mean its like as the years go by the more degrading we dress ourselves.

i mean its annoying enough to see guys (no offense to anyone in here) that wear their pants below their a$$ with their cheeks hanging out and underwear showing......i dont know abotu you but 1) very unattractive and 2) some of the dumbest things ive ever seen when it comes to fashion....i swear to god people have lost it

i mena it just FLOOORS me. you dont have to dress your little girl up like that in order to make them look cute. im not one for ribbons and bows but when it comes to little girls it DOES look cute on them without having to stick a thong up their ass and showing off their mid driffs or who knows what the HELL else they're thinking of doing. *sighs* so annoying....so degrading for young ages like that
« Last Edit: 2006-05-05, 23:09 by Draco » Logged

Rev 9:6 "And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them."
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-06, 01:09 »

So tempting to all the child molesters out there.  I think the parents aren't self-respecting, so I'm not surprised that they don't respect their children.  As for "Future Sluts of America", sadly that's probably true.  What I don't understand is the clothing manufacturers who produce this stuff.  Why is there even a market for it?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-06, 03:17 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Why is there even a market for it?
Cause it's like a fad and there's money to be made, who cares about morality when there are profits to be made? (/sarcasm)

Yeah greed of large companies is a downfall of humanity.
Draco

Hell Knight

« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-06, 06:38 »

Quote from: Kajet
Yeah greed of large companies is a downfall of humanity.
perfect example of that.....the Tabacco company....they obviously don't give a damn about anything they sell to their customers.

but seriously if you dress the kids like that at THAT young of age, how do you think they'll dress when their 15...or 20..jesus people use your head. but yeah pho you have point too, cuz usually the attitude of the parent is goign to be the attitude inflicted upon the child. kind of like, for example, how most ofthe time those who abuse their kids, their kids will be future abusers. thats usually how it works. monkey see monkey do is also what they say.

juts MORE reminders of how sick our world. is. *sighs*

Rev 9:6 "And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them."
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-06, 09:42 »

The human race, when living in an abundant ambience, tends to kill himself, to go out of the bounderies defined by the almighty. You see, humans, to live in peace, need difficulties, but as you can probably understand, there are no difficulties for those parents and for those little girls. Remember, the more spoiled is a human being, the more irrational he gets.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-08, 03:25 »

When with you, us am done, Phoenix kill your dog.

Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-09, 06:58 »

I've heard someone call the kids wearing that kind of stuff...       Prostitots
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2006-05-09, 07:47 »

I never could understand how a thong could be comfortable.  I also see no purpose why a person that age would need one.  As much as I hate to judge others by their looks, I have to admit that an eight year old girl dressed in the manner Draco described is sending the wrong kind of message.  There's a difference between looking sexy and looking "easy," and I really don't think someone who hasn't even hit puberty yet needs to look either part.
« Last Edit: 2006-05-09, 07:48 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #8 on: 2006-05-09, 08:49 »

Quote from: Phoenix
... ...

What?

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #9 on: 2006-05-09, 10:47 »

Quote from: Makou
QUOTE (Phoenix @ May 07 2006 - 09:25 PM)

... ...

What?
Duh!  It's an allegory of the decline in morality of modern youth.  The dog represents our inner struggle to overthrow the capitalistic and chauvinistic clothing regime of today.  This was clearly represented when Phoenix so brilliantly said,  "...us am done..."  Slipgate - Shifty

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2006-05-09, 16:52 »

Actually it's something Sorlag says at random during gameplay.  It's a spin on the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz saying "I'll get you, and your little dog too!"

In other words, Phoenix was being silly.
 Slipgate - Wink

Draco

Hell Knight

« Reply #11 on: 2006-05-14, 11:46 »

Quote from: Kain-Xavier
There's a difference between looking sexy and looking "easy,"
i never really thought of it like that either....making the kids "easy" targets. assuming thats what you meant. the more you demoralize a kid...the less sensitive they are to such small things as clothing moral. its no different than violence on the media. the more you get used to it, the less sensitive you are to it....not...sure if thats really relavent to what im saying but yeah ^^;

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2006-05-14, 19:39 »

I think the greater problem is the concept of moral relativism.  Whenever culture or society sets rules they are always subject to change.  Some of us backwards-thinking individuals, like myself, believe in hard definitions of right and wrong.  Without such barriers, society works with what is permissible, or rather, what it can get away with.  When you remove any sense of personal moral responsibility many people operate on a level of what they can do without getting arrested (or even getting caught).  There's also a large problem of lack of foresight regarding consequence of action.  People don't stop and think about whether or not they should do something, nor the long term repercussions.

How does this work in action?  In this case, dressing youths like whores is permissible under common law, so these parents are doing it.  They are either incapable of seeing the potential consequences of this, or worse, they are apathetic towards them.  In that respect, they are setting up their children to be taken advantage of later by more unscrupulous individuals.  It turns into a vicious cycle, and since parents raise their children according to how they were raised themselves, we regress more and more with each generation.

Another example of how this works.  Look at life in the inner city ghettos.  Youths there are raised in an environment where people are routinely beaten, shot, and extorted from.  Revenge killings are commonplace.  This has become the cultural norm there.  No longer is murder forbidden, it's considered justified retribution for something as simple as looking at someone disrespectfully in some of the worst cases.  Sometimes it's a matter of survival, and if osmeone has no choice to protect themselves I will never fault them for that, but I think these killings are nothing but a waste of life.  Still, it's considered the "norm" for the people who live there.

So why is the bird rambling on all this?  Parents.  Parents are responsible for raising their children in a protective and safe environment.  Parents are responsible for the wellbeing of their offspring, but also how their offspring turn out as a result of their care.  Some things cannot be controlled I know, everyone has their own free will and mind, but what influences one has when they are young will help shape them the rest of their lives.  Without leadership, without some kind of moral framework, what do parents have to turn to for guidence?  If they themselves are lacking, as most people are in one respect or another, that's part of life, then they need ideals, and people who are good examples to look toward and emulate.  When parents are severely lacking, then the children need other examples to turn to.  As long as people are capable of harming each other, people need to know what is harmful and what not to do.  People need certain constraints in order to prosper.  That is, unless this is the kind of culture people actually want to live in.  I don't have an answer if that's the case, except to step away and let people have what they think they want.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #13 on: 2006-05-15, 06:41 »

"Since when does anyone have a clue about what they want?" - God -- Bruce Almighty

..From my personal experiences tho, people 'want' (or think they want.. or think they already live in) a society without any morals at all. It's sad, and it sickens me, but hey.. just more fire to fuel my 'kill off 100% of the human population' way of thinking.
« Last Edit: 2006-05-15, 06:46 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: