2024-04-19, 15:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Three for friday (Three for friday)  (Read 5647 times)
greengoogle75

Banned
Unnamed Player

« on: 2006-05-06, 12:13 »

Hey everybody, it?s Wirehead! I thought that in order to celebrate this wonderful day of the week, I would try to start a new tradition.

I?ve found that most people like to talk about themselves, and enjoy answering simple or hypothetical questions. So I?ll ask three questions each week for people to answer. Feel free to answer my current questions or my past questions (if you haven?t already done so) at any time. If for whatever reason you can?t or don?t want to answer a particular question feel free to skip over it, but please try to be truthful about the questions you do answer. Sometimes it?s hard to be specific and give just one answer to a question. It?s okay to give more than one answer, but try not to get too carried away.

Ready? Here are your first set of questions:

1. If you could, what one thing would you change about your physical appearance?

2. What?s your favorite kind of ice cream?

3. What was (or is) your first automobile?

I love Wirehead!
Generations rocks!
« Last Edit: 2006-05-06, 12:50 by Tabun » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-06, 12:51 »

Thanks for the spam. I've taken the liberty to (in Wireheadian tradition) alter the content of your spam-message slightly.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-06, 14:35 »

Seems like the spammers are getting kinda agressive recently
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-06, 14:47 »

I'm hoping one day forum-spamming programs will be the key to good AI implementation. At some point, it will only be effective to use spam-bots that can mingle with human crowds so well, that they'll pass a turing test. In the meantime, we'll have to keep shooting them down ofcourse..

Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-06, 15:25 »

i think spaming should be punished by the firing squad. That would put a quick end to it. Or at least make me feel better.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-06, 16:25 »

For once, we agree.

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-06, 21:55 »

Clapping... the sound of a spam-time.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2006-05-06, 23:57 »

I've changed the board security features so that anyone trying to register a new account has to get approval from an administrator first.  This will allow us to blacklist the spam bots before they can make posts.  It means new legit users will have a delay before they can make an initial post.  I don't like doing that, but this spamming is getting absurd.  One bot in a month or two is one thing, but this is two within a day.

This means we won't get to have fun with their posts, but I'd rather not take the risk of a bot linking to something malicious like a virus-infected page and having a user accidentally click on it.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2006-05-07, 01:04 »

I don't much like that, actually. I'm for seeing if the rate drops. I guess the risk for malicious spam is high, but I have hopes of the IQ of our crowd to be actually high enough to not fall for stuff like that.
Maybe it's possible to get a 'type the characters displayed in the image'-type test for new users? I'll look into it if no-one knows if or how this is possible.

Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #9 on: 2006-05-07, 01:37 »

Well you know you're popular when spam bots get on your ass all the time, problem is that i don't see a lot of new gen players.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2006-05-07, 01:46 »

Tab, I already had the security numbers in place for a few weeks, and they managed to register these accounts anyway.  We can keep an eye on it for a while and see what happens.  At least we'll be able to see what's going on this way.  If this is just a wave caused by some kind of surge in zombie boxes that goes away in two or three weeks there's no law saying we can't change it back.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #11 on: 2006-05-07, 02:50 »

It's true what they say - the only good bot is a DEAD one Sipgate - Evil

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: