2024-03-28, 17:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Italy sucks  (Read 9881 times)
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« on: 2006-07-31, 18:42 »

I have recently gone to Italy, more precisely Rome/Fiorenze/Napoli, and let me tell you something, it sucked BEYOND all expectations. Let's start by Rome: It is an majestic city, but 1) dirty as hell 2) where's the oxygen, because I had never felt this much of difficulty in breathing 3) the romans are not likeable, instead they are a bunch of SOB (exageration) 4) expensive, expensive, EXPENSIVE! 5) there are public fountains with drinkeable water all over the city, too bad those fountains don't even have a tap to avoid waste.
Fiorenze is the best of these three, with a single problem 1) you have to pay to enter churches.
Napoli is, basically, Hell. You need a description? OK. I was walking down the shoreside avenue, when suddenly, I realize  something: most of the buildings have their structures showing. Also, I saw my first junky in daylight, my first child beggar, my first 5-meters high (no exageration) pile of garbage near the train station and my first time ever to see someone wash their feet on the hand-washing thingy of the bathrooms.

Italy is screwed beyond words.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-31, 19:36 »

Welcome to the real world! :]

The only thing about italy that I think 'sucks' is the stereotypical italian male, and I'm not even a woman, so that's saying something. Other than that minor quaintness, Italy rocks (insofar as a country has the ability to rock).

You are ofcourse advised not to
a) visit only major cities and/or tourist attractions when visiting a country, but visit natural beaches, countryside and the like too (especially if you're looking for or admire beauty)
and b) to judge a country solely upon said major cities/tourist attractions :]
« Last Edit: 2006-07-31, 19:38 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-01, 02:55 »

I think the problem with a country like Italy is, all the tourist traps are historic sites, so you have the trash of tourism piled on top of the history.  I think this is common with a lot of European countries that have ruins and other major historic locations.  I know every country does this, but it varies.  If a country doesn't have many historic sites, or has other tourist venues, then the tourist traps will be elsewhere.  I know in the US, historic sites do have tourism but I believe they're all handled in a very controlled manner and managed well.  I would never use a tourist location to gauge the quality of the people though.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-04, 17:24 »

I did not judje the people by the historic sites Phoenix, but by the contact I had with the Italian people.
Italy is a country that lives thanks to its past, there is nothing new. Not even the buildings are new! I think they should at least treat with respect their own past, no?

On a side note, Italy does have a nice countryside. The train rides were, indeed, enjoyable, except for a few accidents (like the train broking down and stuff).

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2006-08-05, 17:17 »

Never been to italy myself. looks too much like a high heel boot to me. Out of all Europe, My favorite was Holland! but I've only been to the northern contries of europe, so I don't really know much.

Sucutrule

Tank Commander

KETEZEIT PEW PEW

« Reply #5 on: 2006-08-05, 18:38 »

Quote from: [KruzadeR
] Fiorenze is the best of these three, with a single problem 1) you have to pay to enter churches.
W00W,I've never heard that before,I mean the house of the Lord isn't a museum where you have to pay for entering.Well,I'm agnostic anyway

How I am supposed to type will all this cheese laying around?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2006-08-06, 02:00 »

One could say that since the Lord created all things, then all things are His already so then the church is merely reclaiming what rightfully belongs to the Lord.  However, that would imply that ownership was somehow lost, and that someone other than the Lord thus possessed what was previously possessed by the Lord, then nullifying the Lord's sovereign nature.  Therefore one would rightfully perceive that what belongs to the Lord never falls out of His possession, and therefore the church has no need to reclaim what the Lord maintains possession over.  That being said, the only concern then would be that those voluntarily in the Lord's service (for all things serve the Lord, just some things unwillingly) should have their material needs met, and so one may make a donation in return for the privelege of seeing the works that mankind has made in honor of the Lord whom they serve.

Should one wish to see the works the Lord made of His own accord, one need only look out their window.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: