2024-03-28, 16:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Plasmagun (2) skinned (New model/skin work)  (Read 6468 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« on: 2006-08-06, 23:50 »

Hey folks. Here's a preview of what the Doom Plasmagun will (more or less) look like in the next version of Generations.

Plasmagun preview

Ofcourse, the plasma effects will be nicely shaderized to reflect your preferred colour, as does our current version.

We're also making nice progress with the animations for doom, so I'll just take this opportunity to deliver some good news: We're making nice progress with the animations for doom.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Visimar

Archvile

« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-07, 00:08 »

Quote from: Tabun
We're also making nice progress with the animations for doom, so I'll just take this opportunity to deliver some good news: We're making nice progress with the animations for doom.
Didn't you just repeat yourself there? Slipgate - Wink

The Plasmagun looks much better than it once looked like. First the Strogg Machinegun, now this? I wonder just how many weapons you're going to reskin...
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-07, 00:15 »

Looks like i will have to get used to that model. But its more nostalgic and better to hold your gun by handle, not by hot tubes filled with color adjustible plasma. d:

Quote from: IceDragonVisy
I wonder just how many weapons you're going to reskin...
Phoenix in his plan said he did reworked heavy chaingun barrels and "updated the bullet belt with better-looking bullets". Slipgate - Ninja
« Last Edit: 2006-08-07, 00:18 by Kingu » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-07, 01:00 »

We're tweaking things all the time. Complete remodels such as this one (or the machinegun) will be relatively rare. Throughout the years of Gen development, we've all learned a lot here, meaning that sometimes an 'old' version jumps out as a candidate for a remake. This is especially true for the process of animating guns, since this puts models in a different light.

<3

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2006-08-07, 01:46 »

Keep in mind also the plasma rifle was the first model I ever completed, which means it looked a bit "dated".  My philosophy on how the guns should look was also more leaning Q3-ish and less classic because Q3 had a good deal of eye candy at the time, and I wanted to see what we could do with it.  I've been working with Tab on the redesign on this weapon, and for the most part I think this will probably be the only Doom weapon to get a serious overhaul like this.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2006-08-07, 22:02 »

Beautiful Tab!   Thumbs up!

-JL
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #6 on: 2006-08-08, 18:27 »

Nice! Good to see the old mark 1 PG making a reappearance!  :rules:

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #7 on: 2006-08-13, 05:16 »

The old Doom plasma rifle was one of my favorite guns in Gen.. but this redesign looks just as good, and a lot more nostalgic.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2006-08-13, 05:27 »

I was pretty attached to the old plasma gun, but I like the new one a lot, and yes, the custom color feature is still there.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: