2024-03-28, 18:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yay it's Nearly Done  (Read 6655 times)
Lordbane2110

Chton

« on: 2007-01-13, 21:20 »

Well with both Tab and pho giving an update, plus the usual quality still here

only one question needs asking

how much longer?

cause my trigger finger is itching for some 1.0 loving

Slipgate - Ownage
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #1 on: 2007-01-14, 00:04 »

Hmmm.. if I remember, weapon animations aren't the only feature in 1.0. I think better huds were on the list.. probably a bunch of other nifty, unmentioned tidbits.. oh, and the infamous 'old school mode', which I'm looking forward to. Slipgate - Laugh

Unless those were worked on behind the scenes.. which is possible. Get bored doing one thing, move to something else.. then come back and hope you didn't forget where you left off.. ;o

Maybe I should start playing again.. haven't played an FPS since.. uhhhh.. July? Somewhere around there..

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
ReBoOt

« Reply #2 on: 2007-01-14, 03:45 »

Well i can tell that things..feels so much better in the current version than the one "out" that you really dont want to go back and play the old one Slipgate - Smile
Some of the things will make u drool and wet your pants Slipgate - Wink

And..yeah...you will see ^^
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2007-01-14, 06:01 »

Indeed.  I have a LOT of work left to do.  Weapon animations have been a large part of what's taken the most time, but there's more to it than that, and since I'm in the midle of migrating all my stuff over onto a different hard drive that kind of puts a damper on the coding a bit.  I hate reinstalling programs.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #4 on: 2007-01-14, 09:03 »

Translation Bane: When it's done.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2007-01-14, 11:35 »

With all due respect to Captain Obvious, yes, unfortunately...

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #6 on: 2007-01-14, 16:12 »

ah well

can't blame a guy for hoping
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2007-01-14, 16:45 »

Nevertheless, we are closer to the finish line than ever before!
Do not read (or think) the following, if you're fond of that kind of optimism.

(also, we were 'closer to the finish line than ever before' on the first millisecond after the project began)

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Parapsyche

Spectre

« Reply #8 on: 2007-01-25, 18:39 »

Geez, lol.  I wasn't even sure if my old login was still going to work or not!

How the heck're things going with you guys?  It's been forever since I've checked out this site and the forums...been so busy with school, and Quake 3 just kinda slipped my mind, lol.

So everything's running smoothly, I take it.  Version 1.0's almost complete?  I bet you guys're feeling good about that.  It's been talked about for so long and just kinda looming over everything, lol.  I'm sure it'll be friggin top notch when it's done though.

So when can I check out a forum game?  Is there anything set as to when the next one is up?  I gotta get back into this mod, lol.  Doesn't seem like too many people're hanging around the boards like they used to though Slipgate - Sad
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2007-01-25, 21:31 »

Nearly done?  No... that was LordBane getting enthusiastic.  We've got a ways to go, but we're making progress.  As for forum games, I've had to miss the usual time a lot lately, and I've been in the middle of upgrading my system, playing Doom 3, and getting a lot of files copied over from my old system and getting programs up and working.  I'll try to get some fragging time in this weekend God willing.  Saturday 10-11 pm Eastern is the best time to look for me on the server, but don't wait for me.  Everyone else can arrange a game too.  Just start a thread and say "I want to play on X date at around Y time, Server Z.  Any takers?" and see if you can get some people up for a match!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: