2024-03-28, 16:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Map req2dm3 - the frag pipe TEST  (Read 13452 times)
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« on: 2003-07-30, 22:50 »

OK i've uploaded some very early screenshots of my newest remake of q2dm3 the frag pipe. the layout is pretty much finished and i've started to texture the lvl out im still testing various things on this map nothing really certain on what the outcome will be..

Anyway here's some screenshots: http://medlem.spray.se/reboots/quake3/maps/req2dm3.htm

Please note that there is no lightmap that's why it's overbright.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #1 on: 2003-08-01, 11:19 »

It looks pretty awsome from the screenshots, though what piece of your work doesn't?  Slipgate - Wink
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2003-08-01, 19:57 »

well im not sure yet..once i figured out how i want the lvl textured out we'll see if i will let this lvl live or if it will be deleted. sometimes i love this lvl sometimes i just hate it.. hehe oh well...
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2003-08-02, 04:16 »

It was never really one of my favorite maps in Q2, but still good to see it in the works!  Is that a bouncepad up to the rocket launcher I see?  We have working ladder code in Gen.  If this is a "made for Gen" map I'd strongly recommend taking advantage of that for old-school maps.  If it's a "general release for Q3" map then I suppose the pad is a necessity.  If you would prefer to create ladders then speak up and we'll see about getting the info over to you on how to get them workable. Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #4 on: 2003-08-02, 17:09 »

Looks Good Reb
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2003-08-02, 23:04 »

Pho: you know i make maps for gen only Slipgate - Smile so that ladder code whould be very helpfull!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2003-08-03, 03:09 »

Boot:  Awesome.  We'll see about getting that to you.  I think there's a special shader that needs to be applied, or a brush, or something.  I know that Kirien's gen-q2dm7 map uses it, and it's worked on every converted q2 map I've used for testing so far.  I think Mastaba's converter puts it on automatically though.

Edit:  Just found it.  Here it is:

Code:
textures/common/ladderclip
{
qer_trans 0.40
qer_editorimage textures/common/bluegoal.tga
surfaceparm nolightmap
surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nodraw
surfaceparm nonsolid
surfaceparm playerclip
surfaceparm noimpact
surfaceparm ladder
}

« Last Edit: 2003-08-03, 03:31 by Phoenix » Logged

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2003-08-03, 19:09 »

Cool i'll give this shader a go tnx pho
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2003-08-03, 19:38 »

Just as a head's up, fragpipe really needs an industrial texture theme, not a 'tech' theme.

I know it's just in beta, but I'd be looking for dark, oily, metal-and-rust type textures.

But who am I kidding? You always do a good job man.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2003-08-04, 22:43 »

Well i agree and i found some dirty industrial textures but still im not sure which way to go..

hehe tnx
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2003-08-05, 02:56 »

/me agrees too ;]
the frag pipe was slimy, gritty and generally a cross between a factory and an oven.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2003-08-07, 05:10 »

In going through our script files, I also found this:

Code:
textures/genarena/ladderclip
{
qer_trans 0.40
surfaceparm nolightmap
surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nodraw
surfaceparm nonsolid
surfaceparm playerclip
surfaceparm noimpact
surfaceparm ladder
}

I think the important thing is the "surfaceparm ladder" in either one.  Both probably work just fine, so I leave it up to you expert mappers to experiment. Slipgate - Smile
« Last Edit: 2003-08-08, 06:32 by Phoenix » Logged

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #12 on: 2003-08-07, 20:58 »

cool tnx again! i'll try to test it to the weekend, got many things to deal with in RL for the momment...
Guest_games keeper

« Reply #13 on: 2003-08-08, 10:18 »

anyway we can let the fragpipe itself spit flames instead of lava ???

by the way I loe the fragpipe , specially  the fragpipe 2003
..::WHAT!?

Ogre

« Reply #14 on: 2003-08-10, 17:14 »

That main room looks HUGE!  Very sweet.  Thumbs up!

Ok I am mainly posting just to let you all know I am not dead... I figure most of the pepole who will remember me being on these boards will probably be reading this topic at one time or other so I just thought I would say this here instead of taking up bandwidth with my own "I am coming back" topic.

I am still working on that level that I posted pics for a few months back... I have just been busy as hell, I have a full time job pouring basment walls, and a part time job at a party store, I also have been having more computer troubles then any one man needs to indure.

- So with that I guess I will be back when I get this level goin, hopfully within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks to ReBoOt for not getting to pissed that I used his topic for this....  Your not pissed right?  
 Who's Your Daddy?
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #15 on: 2003-08-10, 21:51 »

Lol no problems ..::what1? good to have you back!
Guest_games keeper

« Reply #16 on: 2003-08-12, 18:54 »

remindsme to say , where is
snugglebunny (makes nice doommaps )
roadkill ( I need his city64 and base 64 maps to survive )
dna = just for fun
Karen

« Reply #17 on: 2003-09-08, 09:42 »

I have seen the screenshots posted for req2dm3. In order to help retexture it, may I have a test version of this map (req2dm3) to help create textures for it? Some of the Q3A textures serve it well, but others could be improved.

I promise to post screenshots if given a test version of Q2 maps (in general)  I think someone mentioned q2dm5 "The Pits" was being remade as well. The lava and slime in Q3A look better than in Q2, but many other wall textures could be improved to look more classic.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #18 on: 2003-09-08, 20:24 »

Karen: well those screenshots is quite old the map has changed alot since then Slipgate - Smile
Sure as soon as i've completed the basic layout, there are still areas that needs to be changed, and i need to set some basic textures, then i'll give you a alpha of this map.

Yes im also remaking q2dm5, the layout is pretty much complete but finding any suitable q3 texture for that map is really hard so im  gonna need your help on that one Slipgate - Smile
Karen

« Reply #19 on: 2003-09-09, 08:58 »

The good news is that I've a good percentage of the textures in q2dm5 done - the better news is that I know to concentrate work on some of the textures which still remain undone.

For instance, that map uses textures like:
e2u3/blume9_2
e2u3/blume7_2
e2u3/blume6_1
1 of 4 button animations

I noticed in some Gen maps that the crosshatching floor texture just looks really bad - it's a cheezy low res.  I have several suitable replacements.

If you see me in IRC with the lowercase name "karen", then I'm probably Slipgate - Asleep   sleeping or nearby doing something Having a Beer  - you can type "!karen" to trigger a song to play to get my attention (it's a song I like, so crank itup!)    Otherwise, you can email me with the button down there.    I'd like to help in any way I can.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: