2024-04-18, 05:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to play?  (Read 7359 times)
Dr Sean

Ogre

« on: 2007-07-03, 23:44 »

Hey, does anyone want to play generations? It seems like no one is ever online.. actualy i've never seen anyone online, i just play lan a lot, but that kind of gets old.
So, anyone?

Why do i start two topics? Should i just make sure i click post once?
Thanks for deleting the other one, i'll pay more attention next time.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-04, 00:41 by Dr Sean » Logged
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-04, 09:15 »

There are games going each saturday 9PM CET if your european or 9PM EST for americans.
But yeah gen do lack online players since its mostly a LAN game.
We need to pimp gen more but that wont happend until the next version of Generations Arena which will really blow everyone away trust me, compared to the current released version it's like a new game! Slipgate - Smile
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-04, 14:45 »

i'm usually available anytime
just beep me on MSN Messenger
my handle is codex_2001@hotmail.com
and i would love more games to be on
i remember when tues, thurs and sat used to be gen nights
so anybody fancy 1 on 1 of FFA just nudge us
seriously i will take on all comers, i'm not brilliant but hey who is
so if you fancy a match you know who to nudge, just stick something about gen if your first message to be or a may miss you
usually cause i'm on the following

C&C Shockwave
World of Warcraft ( I have my own Server, Yay for Me)
or other generally a new release
« Last Edit: 2007-07-04, 15:42 by Tabun » Logged
Dr Sean

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: 2007-07-04, 20:02 »

Ok, thanks.
Oh, yesterday, me and my cousin were playing on the central server, and someone tried to join like five times, and every time it gave an unpure client and invalid pk3 error. Does that mean my game is messed up or theirs?
« Last Edit: 2007-07-04, 20:05 by Dr Sean » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2007-07-04, 20:29 »

The problem is on their end.

It means that they either have an old or corrupted version of our mod, or they don't have Generations Arena at all (and just try to connect with Q3A anyway).

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2007-07-04, 21:20 »

Usually if they lack Generations they'll get a "mismatch" error baseq3/generations.  I'd say they have a modified pk3 file, either the wrong version of Generations or they changed a needed file in baseq3.  Sometimes people make changes to pak0.pk3 to add a custom model or crosshair or something and don't take into consideration that you can't play on a pure server with a modified pak0.  If everything else they have in their generations folder is correct that would be my guess.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #6 on: 2007-07-04, 23:52 »

Yeah Pho is right

i had the same problem myself, and it was because i had modied my Pak0.pak

i would try to install a fresh copy, patch to 1.32b or c

then just copy the gen folder over

that works most of the time
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« Reply #7 on: 2007-07-27, 16:06 »

Wanted to bump this.  This is seriously one MOD that SHOULDN'T have empty servers most of the time.  Yet, whenever I check, its always empty and I usually don't have the time to sit in a server for 20+ minutes waiting for someone to join.

I know that things will boom once 1.0 is released.  No doubt even new fans of the MOD will come through, check it out, like it (as they inevitably will), and join a server with the rest of us.  I definitly think servers will be filled with at least 4 or 5 players once we see the glorious new version.

But in the mean time, we should bring Player Vs. Player back!  I'm sure we are all sick of bots at this point.  It'd be so much more satisfying to blast the crap out of a PLAYER with my Doom 2 Combat Shotgun  Doom - Thumbs Up!

-JL
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2007-07-27, 18:37 »

Anyone wants to challenge the bird I'm usually up for a game, so long as I'm conscious, feeling well, and not about to go to sleep.  I'll be available until around 5 pm eastern today, and I'll play on Central or Euro, your pick!  Shoot me a PM with when you can play and I'll join ya.  Slipgate - Ninja

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2007-07-27, 19:18 »

Also, if you're sporting for a game, be sure to drop by in the #wirehead IRC channel -- chances are you'll be able to invite a few fraghappy lurkers for a few rounds. That would include me, if I'm around.. :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #10 on: 2007-07-29, 13:04 »

as i have said if anybody fancies challenging me, just message me

i am always on the internet, in fact i rarely sleep

Slipgate - Thumbs up!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: