2024-04-20, 04:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Forums Online!  (Read 6176 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2007-07-14, 04:52 »

Our forums have been reworked and we're now running on a new board system.  This was something long overdue, and the recent incursion spurred us to make the transition to a new system that is more up to date and vastly more secure.  The forums now have a new, more unified appearance and improved functionality.  While this was something we did not intend to do at this time it was something that needed to be done, and well worth the time invested.  The only regret is that we did not do this sooner and that some interesting topics were lost, however no progress can be made without some kind of cost.  Lessons have been learned and we know better for the future.  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

You may notice some boards and topics are no longer present.  We felt it was time to retire the Blast Arena and Sliders boards because the projects have both been mothballed for now.  They may make a return at some point in the future, but we felt it would be best to concentrate on Generations Arena.  Some topics were pruned for compatibility or because of dead links or general topic stagnation.  Also, most of the past polls are gone, again for compatibility reasons with the new forum software.  We preserved a few of the most recent or otherwise interesting ones.  If a favorite poll is gone feel free to start a new one!  All your other favorite discussion areas, such as Rants and Randomness, the Off Topic Forum, and Controversy Corner are all there for your posting pleasure.

Please take some time to look over your profile information.  You may wish to make a new signature or restore your old one, and there are some nifty options for configuring personal messages as well as date and time configuration, etc.  One you may wish to select is "Return to topics after posting by default."  This brings you right back to what you posted as opposed to the topic directory.

Everything should be functioning properly but if something should behave oddly please let myself, Dr. Jones, or Tabun know right away and we'll look into it.  In the mean time, look around and enjoy the new board!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-15, 23:21 »

The new board is cool. Kinda sucks that my post count got lost in the transition.. but that's just a minor quirk that I'm more than happy to live with.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-16, 00:40 »

Your post count did not get lost. It got diminished a wee bit. Slipgate - Wink

Every post that each member actually has on these boards currently counts towards their total postcount. This means 1) that you have lost a number of posts, alas and 2) unlike before, the statistics are now correct!  Doom - Thumbs Up!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #3 on: 2007-09-07, 17:18 »

It's been a while, but I believe I used to have like 500+ posts.  Slipgate - Laugh
Not that it matters.

Congratulations on the new forum! Looks great!
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #4 on: 2007-10-19, 22:56 »

Nice look! I just checked out the video for V1.0 as well. OOOOOOOO sweet  Doom - Love can't wait for it to come out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: