2024-03-28, 16:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Generations with Team Arena?  (Read 5674 times)
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« on: 2007-08-20, 23:42 »

I posed this question in the IRC channel earlier but I don't think anyone was really active. I had hoped to have it answered in short time there. Anyway, is it possible (officially or otherwise) to play Team Arena with Generations or vice versa? Thanks! Doom - Thumbs Up!
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #1 on: 2007-08-21, 00:00 »

I can't answer in the official sense but I believe I've read here that Gen will be able to use TA maps and will use the powerups like kamikaze as a spawn point for gen specific stuff like the lost soul.
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #2 on: 2007-08-21, 00:51 »

Well, I did get it to recognize Team Arena maps, though the add-on's game modes and weapons don't seem to appear. It's really more than I expected so far, but I was hoping to play Harvester Doom - Love

What I did was set my shortcut's path as +set fs_basegame missionpack +set fs_game generations.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2007-08-21, 15:39 »

That's the correct way to load it.  Team Arena implementation is not really all that done in .99f.  I have to get the gameplay modes working yet, provided I haven't permanently broken any, and some Team-Arena specific powerup items will not be present or will be replaced by Generations or standard Q3 items.  That's due to technical reasons as I'm limited on the number of powerups that can be used in Q3.  I'm still not sure what I want to do about the Team Arena weapons.  Right now I just have a few standard Q3 weapons spawning in their place.  I'm not sure how much TA stuff will make it into 1.0.  Some of that may end up waiting for a 1.x release.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #4 on: 2007-08-21, 16:44 »

Ah, okay! Personally, I wouldn't mind loosing the TA specific weapons to vanilla Q3 ones in the future. As much as I love the nailgun in TA, hehe. In my (hopeful) opinion, all that would really be necessary is the gamemodes and probably bot orders (guard base, cover me, etc). Anyway, thanks! Doom - Thumbs Up!
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #5 on: 2007-08-21, 22:23 »

It is possible to give order to your bots by talking to them, however a menu would be nice, like the one in vanilla Q3.

Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #6 on: 2007-08-22, 00:15 »

Yeah but the problem is that the VQ3  menu, well all of them don't have a suicide command, There may be other ones that do exist but aren't in the menu (i just can't recall ATM).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: