2024-03-28, 17:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cuz this is it.  (Read 16957 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2007-12-10, 20:21 »

I don't subtaciate.  I subvert. Slipgate - Exhausted

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Arnie

Shambler

« Reply #21 on: 2007-12-16, 13:48 »

I bought my nephew a new Sony PSP slim & lite for Xmas. It says you can connect to the TV, great, except no cable bundled in the box. A trip to the local games store revealed that you can get the cable but it costs ?12.99, and if you want to display games on your TV then you need a component (RGB) connection, which  I haven`t got. To convert the RGB to the TV I will have to buy another adapter RGB to Scart, another ?25.

Next I find out that you will need a memory card to save games and play music ?25, or to play music i could get a USB cable, no not a standard USB cable costing ?2 but a special USB cable costing ?9.

To top it all I cannot get the damn thing to connect to the Network and I feel that I have been well and truly ripped off.

Will everybody stop getting shot.......
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #22 on: 2007-12-16, 17:36 »

I read "Sony Ripoff" and immediately thought that we were going to talk about Sony stealing their tilt-controller idea from Nintendo...

I gave up on Sony products about a decade ago anyway. Everything they make nowadays is shoddy, low quality junk it seems.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #23 on: 2007-12-17, 00:39 »

Much like the X360 then Slipgate - Ninja

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2007-12-17, 01:09 »

I find a lot of what is made is shoddy, low quality junk in this age.  The pyramids are still standing, yet what made today ever lasts?  Newer is not always better.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2007-12-17, 01:28 »

Well, to be fair, there's plenty of pyramids that aren't still standing, having crumpled or collapsed. Most of the newest (latest) pyramids are fairly intact. Ofcourse, tons more would have been built and would likely have collapsed, if the pyramid would have become a mass-market product like the junk of this age. Finally, although big pyramids still stand tall, very few of them, if any at all, still have working yakuzi's and hi-fi systems..

;] This Has Been A Tongue-In-Cheek Interjection -- Proceed.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #26 on: 2007-12-17, 04:51 »

I find a lot of what is made is shoddy, low quality junk in this age.  The pyramids are still standing, yet what made today ever lasts?  Newer is not always better.

Amen to that. I just had to ditch a bunch of fairly new furniture because it was retaining moisture and starting to grow mold! Now mind you, none of my older furniture has had this problem. It's all actual wood with a fine finish. This newer stuff though is some sort of mashed together man made wood-like substance. Particle board, I believe is its proper name. The stuff comes with an almost plastic finish, and none of it is entirely finished at that! Only the visible areas are, not little lips that could be seen if you bend down even. The sad thing is, this kind of stuff is far, far more expensive than going out and buying real wood and putting something together myself would be.

I think I'm just going to replace it all with some sleek, modern looking metal/glass furniture actually. Slipgate - Tongue
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #27 on: 2007-12-17, 05:36 »

Particle board is the correct name, and they build houses with that now too.  I've seen what tornadoes do to them.  I've seen what fire does to them.

Tab:  Yes, but you can't take down the Great Pyramid by flying an airplane into it now can you?

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2007-12-17, 11:52 »

Just wait until some Egyptians start offending the right people; there'll be a van parked next to Cheops's pyramid and before you know it, there'll be a whole the size of ballpark in that thing!

Or.. maybe not. :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #29 on: 2007-12-17, 15:21 »

yeah, I don't quite recall there ever being an attack on a pyramid...
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #30 on: 2007-12-17, 16:51 »

In Soviet Russia, pyramid attack YOU!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: