2024-03-28, 11:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Levels?  (Read 3997 times)
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« on: 2007-11-05, 16:07 »

Will there be any new maps with the release of 1.0?  I noticed a Strogg Level during the teaser video.  Any other conversions/remakes?  Or would you rather not say yet  Slipgate - Tongue

-JL
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2007-11-05, 16:47 »

We're reviewing map candidates for inclusion, and looking at some older maps that were excluded from the last release that we're considering reintroducing.  There are some in-house maps in development, as well as one completed map.  The one you're referring to in the video is Tokay's Towers, of which ReBoOt has done a very fine remake and which will be in the next map pack.  For a look at other maps in progress, check out the Laced Neptune board.

Third party maps are going through an extensive review process for appearance, playability, bugs, theme, performance, class balance, and relevance to the mod.  I won't go into too many details about the testing process, only to say it is very extensive and very opinionated and very much ongoing.  I'm not going to tease on which third party maps we're considering.  Whatever maps pass through our review process cannot be included until we contact the authors and receive permission for use.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2007-11-06, 08:35 »

There will also (hopefully) be a new version of my q1 dm3 remake, since this map was one of the first map i've created for q3 it just doesnt look good enough..tho my time is very limited nowdays so we will see.
Whould be a shame of not releasing it since i've put down alot of time in it so far...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: