2024-03-29, 02:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please build in an off-hand hook  (Read 4904 times)
trickdaddy1319

Unnamed Player

« on: 2007-11-09, 11:30 »

If this game had an off-hand hook like in Quake2 lithium, this mod would be the best quake mod of all time!  Please build in an off-hand grappling hook!  There are previous Q3 mods that already made it so you could use their code.  Berylium mod comes to mind.  There are tons of old q2 lith players that would flock to this mod if there was a hook mod.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2007-11-09, 17:39 by Tabun » Logged
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #1 on: 2007-11-09, 12:10 »

Actually there is an offhand hook in the mod, you have to set the dmflags to suit your wants

1 No health
2 No powerups
4 No armor
8 No falling damage
16 Fully Loaded
32 Infinite Ammo
64 PowerUps Drop
128 Spawn Farthest
256 Force Respawn
512 Fixed FOV
1024 Enable old Q3 BFG
2048 Enable CTF techs
4096 Allow Grapple to sky
8192 Allow Grapple
16384 Offhand Grapple
32768 No Footsteps Sound

and you need to put this in the console

hookon, hookoff - These commands are used with the offhand grapple, enabled through DMFLAGS. "hookon" fires the hook; "hookoff" releases it. These commands are usually coupled with the +/- command system to produce one "+hook" command (see below.)

+/- command system - Players may now bind together aliases that execute one command when a button is pressed, and another when the button is released, similar to the +/- aliases of Quake2. For example, players often bind the "hookon" and "hookoff" commands into one command with the following alias:

seta hookDOWN "hookon"
    seta hookUP "hookoff"
    bind mouse3 "+hook"

and then you should be swinging around your favorite map in no time
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2007-11-09, 16:20 »

The grapple cable is kind of broken for the offhand hook for .99f.  I'm overhauling all the grappling hooks for the next release, and yes, there will be an offhand hook option as well.  It will look and behave more like the old "laser" lithium hook from Quake 2 to differentiate it from the CTF weapon-based grapples.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
trickdaddy1319

Unnamed Player

« Reply #3 on: 2007-11-10, 06:13 »

Sounds great!  Got an estimate for the new release?  Also, what is the relative popularity of this mod?  How many servers and players currently play it?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2007-11-10, 12:44 »

Unfortunately our player load has been fairly low of late.  Most of our regulars aren't available to play at the same times, and with a lot of new games having come out we're in a bit of a lull.  Right now there are two servers up.  Our Servers page on the website is temporarily broken as we went through a domain switch, so if you don't see any servers, don't fret.  I'm hosting one as our main US server is temporarily down while it gets moved to a new host, and there's a European server run by Alucard.  You should be able to see both in All-Seeing Eye, or from within the in-game browser in Generations.

I'm afraid the only answer I can give for the next version is "when it's done".  We've made a hell of a lot of progress on it, but development time for both Tab and myself, as well as our testing crew has been very limited over the last two months.  That being said, check out the preview video that shows off what we've done so far.  You can find links to it on this thread.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: