2024-03-29, 09:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: DUKE SIGHTING!!!  (Read 15891 times)
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #20 on: 2010-06-14, 13:21 »

i know i feel enlightened
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2010-06-19, 02:16 »

So... It's 061810, and I'm still waiting for Blondie to show up.  I guess Valve was either taunting us, or the whole Duke screen shot was a hoax.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #22 on: 2010-06-19, 14:58 »

Always bet on the Duke.

... to no-show his appointments.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #23 on: 2010-07-08, 08:09 »

Total bummer... I got psyched Doom - Exclamation Looks like that's not going too far after all.  Banging Head against Wall 

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2010-09-04, 02:25 »

And the plot thickens...

http://kotaku.com/5629589/duke-nukem-forever-spotted-at-pax

All I can say is, "Holy Cow."

http://kotaku.com/5629655/your-first-loo...paign=Feed%3A+kotaku%2Ffull+%28Kotaku%29
« Last Edit: 2010-09-04, 02:31 by Phoenix » Logged

Xypher
Carbon-based Homosapien with an affinity for c++

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #25 on: 2010-09-04, 05:21 »

Perhaps "Duke Nukem Forever" was a trick title to simply keep people guessing until the day they died, and 3DRealms is amused at all the PR they get for a nonexistant game, and periodically produce an updated chunk of what could be, but they're too lazy to make. lol

Sliders
Uptime: Yes!
Last Idle: 6 Years

http://hellbat.mine.nu
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #26 on: 2010-09-04, 07:31 »

There's not a mouse of keyboard to be seen anywhere during that demonstration. I guess Gearbox is going to release another game plagued by console-itis? That is assuming that this is ever released. Slipgate - Tongue
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #27 on: 2010-09-04, 13:43 »

Nope theres PC action too.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/56955/...ing-Out-Duke-Nukem-Forever-On-2K-Ustream

"BTW, Duke was running on PCs at the hands-on kiosks. Woot, go PC! Not only is Duke apparently very bloody, but now that he's out of retirement he's got a lot to say in the classic humour department. "
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #28 on: 2010-09-04, 17:54 »

Borderlands was released on the PC as well (by the same companies).. ..and it's not bad, but you can tell that it was primarily designed with a console in mind and pretty much ported to the PC unchanged.. hence, console-itis.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Xypher
Carbon-based Homosapien with an affinity for c++

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #29 on: 2010-09-04, 19:48 »

Yeah, borderlands gets a little laggy at times, and the mouse control is a little shifty if you turn up AA, but I for one love it! Slipgate - Smile

Go, duke, go!

Sliders
Uptime: Yes!
Last Idle: 6 Years

http://hellbat.mine.nu
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #30 on: 2010-09-04, 22:28 »

Borderlands was released on the PC as well (by the same companies).. ..and it's not bad, but you can tell that it was primarily designed with a console in mind and pretty much ported to the PC unchanged.. hence, console-itis.

Exactly. Gearbox has already made me very suspicious of their commitment to the PC with Borderlands. It was a fun enough game, but it suffered in a lot of playability departments from its obvious console roots.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #31 on: 2010-09-04, 23:04 »

Not all console ports are bad though.  I enjoyed Legendary, which had checkpoints and got horrible reviews, but it was quite fun, and the newer Wolfenstein was pretty good, despite checkpoints and the regenerative health scheme.  We'll just have to wait (some more) and see I guess.

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #32 on: 2010-09-05, 01:06 »

I did really enjoy the new Wolfenstein. I thought that it was a little too linear, given the central HUB areas, but otherwise found it to be entertaining.

That said, I could not get my mouse sensitivity set anywhere near high enough. I had to struggle through quite a few parts of the game because the mouselook was extremely sluggish. I'm not the only one I've talked to to have this problem either. I'd imagine that stems directly from it being a console port.

Wolfenstein was one of the prettier games I've seen in quite a while. The old Doom3 engine really shined with the amount of atmosphere they put into the levels.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: