2024-03-29, 11:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Life is unfair  (Read 8008 times)
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« on: 2008-01-24, 09:54 »

Yesterday my dad got a heartattack(i dont know how its correctly pronounce in english), he is only 52 years old.
When i heard about this yesterday it felt like my world was destroyed one of my closest family member got a leathal disease.
He however managed to get to the hospital before it was too late and is still alive but i keep beeing worried, its like a demon of mine ever haunting my dreams i've barly slept at all.
If i should be honest i have no idea why im really writing this, but i guess i just need to.

But sitting here and waiting for the hospital to call or my mum is really getting on my nerves..many thoughts like"is he dead?" keep going thru my head.

Hopefully i can go there and visit him today.
And i pray for that he is going to live and i hope that the illness didnt cause any major damage on his heart.
Cuz i need and i very much love my dad.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2008-01-24, 11:14 »

You have my sympathy.

Take care man, I hope this is a one-time-only attack without lasting damage.

Keep us posted, if you're ready to write.
« Last Edit: 2008-01-24, 13:08 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2008-01-24, 12:23 »

I don't have much to add to what Tabun said, but you have my sympathy as well.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2008-01-24, 18:59 »

It seems like the world has turned upside down since New Year's day.  Several people I know have been suffering hardships like this.  It is as if some strange dark cloud has descended upon the earth and is troubling everyone I know.  You have my deepest sympathies, and I will pray for your father's health and a speedy recovery.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2008-01-24, 22:22 »

Well been visiting him today and he seems abit better however he is still waiting for his surgery, which i wish could be done as soon as possible cuz the waiting is for me quite unsetteling i just want it to be over and done.
But atleast it seems abit hopefull.

Thanks all
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #5 on: 2008-01-24, 22:38 »

Hang in there, mate. I lost my dad to lung cancer 8 years ago so I think I have a good idea of how you must be feeling right now. Keep hope alive.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2008-01-25, 08:17 »

Today he is undergoing surgery they are supposed to enter some tube in his veins and move from there to the  heart were they are supposed to use some sort of "ballon" at the effected area to expand it.
Now all that remains is to wait and hope the surgery goes OK.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #7 on: 2008-01-26, 09:18 »

Let's hope it does. An uncle of mine went through the same procedure last year and, thanks to that, he's still alive and healthy, so if the surgery goes OK, your father will get better.

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #8 on: 2008-01-27, 18:11 »

Well surgery went fine and he feels alot better thought he still need to be at the hospital one day more atleast.

So things seems to be abit brighter Slipgate - Smile
Btw ty all for the support!
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #9 on: 2008-01-27, 23:22 »

Glad to hear it Reboot.  I got a bit worried when I didn't see you post anything for two days.  I hope your father will be back on his feet in no time.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2008-01-28, 03:53 »

Glad to hear he's on the upswing, Boot!  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #11 on: 2008-01-28, 21:00 »

Well he is finally back home Slipgate - Smile now i just hope for a speedy recovery for him.
It feels like a stone is lifted from my chest, thought back there in my head im still abit worried.

I whould also like to say to everyone that smokes, stop it at once. I sure wont ever smoke again.
No smoking and healthy living with some exercise seriously reduces the risk for getting the stuff my dad got.

For me this was a "wake up" call and i took a serious look at my own habits.
While this is a necessary for my father to change his lifestyle, i feel the same for me since i really dont want this stuff happen to me in the future if i in someway can prevent it.

Anyways it wasnt my point to lecture im just saying take care of your life,take care of your loved ones, you wont get another life so make the best out of it!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2008-01-28, 21:33 »

Quitting smoking is one of the best if not the single best thing you can do for your health.  It's not easy, but I know humans who have done it.  It is definitely doable.  I would suggest this.  You and your father work together.  Support each other, and encourage each other throughout the quitting process.  Whatever approach you take, if you do it together I think you'll succeed.  Doom - Thumbs Up!

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2008-01-28, 21:46 »

Also, if you're quitting drugs, don't forget to stop drinking coffee too. That shit is evil.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: