2024-03-28, 16:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Publicity Via Youtube  (Read 5186 times)
bengreenwood

Ogre

« on: 2008-02-18, 20:10 »

Hi,

I know I've posted loads of ideas up here recently so I hope this isn't one too many. But basically I noticed that you can watch the Generations trailer on youtube and thought of something. I've actually got a couple of videos on youtube myself and by posting them as video responses I've managed to get them a lot of hits. One has got 14,000 hits in 6 months:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3X3kYf16m4

So I was thinking it might help get you guys a few more hits if you posted the Generations video as a response to something that's really popular. Then whenever someone watches the really popular video they'll see Generations beneath it.

Maybe if you guys posted up the server details/ the time you guys play in the video info box we might get a few more players on the servers, too, which would be cool.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2008-02-19, 07:30 »

Tab's going to look into doing some more videos of Generations in the future.  He's just very strapped for time right now.  Posting them as responses to popular videos is a good idea though, especially Quake-related vids.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
bengreenwood

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: 2008-02-19, 14:08 »

Cool. Well, if you want I could upload the trailer to my account and try posting it as a response to popular videos until I find someone who will accept it. It takes a while until someone does, sometimes (hence me offering to upload it to my account), but it can be worth it- at the moment one of my videos is a response to one that's got like, 1.5 million hits.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2008-02-19, 17:43 »

You know Tab's got the trailer on Youtube already, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lemzKrumqhs

I'm not really too familiar with how YouTube works, but you can just link to that, right?  Would save some upload/download time at least.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
bengreenwood

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: 2008-02-19, 18:44 »

Yeah that's the video I've been talking about. It's been up since September but has only got like 500 hits. I'm pretty sure you could get more hits if you had some more keywords/ had it as a video response to a popular video. And I don't think I can link to that from my profile on there, I think I'd just have to upload it the same as Tab did. You want me to do that, have a go at getting you guys some hits?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: