2024-04-24, 16:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More ZDoom stuff, Pimpage mainly  (Read 4118 times)
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« on: 2009-09-15, 23:11 »

Well, I know I've been a bit on the quiet side around these parts lately, a bit of Real Life and other such distractions have left me yearning for a bit of Wirehead lovin'. Since I'm back, I might as well let you all know what I've been at.

The Entertainment board has become something of a "post your WIP old-skool Doom project here" board, and today is no exception!

This is Threshold Of Pain, a ZDoom episode for Doom 2 which takes direct inspiration from the PS1 port of Doom. It's my first ever proper WAD and is nowhere near as ambitious as Moshman's stuff, but I'm about 30% done and I'm playtesting it thoroughly as I go. I'm focusing on gameplay rather than aesthetics, although the idea is to have a bit of eye-candy, despite the colourmaps and vanilla geometry Slipgate - Tongue

It will feature the nightmare class monsters from PSX Doom and Doom 64 (no D64 sprites, strictly classic Doom style all the way), a couple from the Bestiary and a new final boss I made myself. It will also feature one or two new weapons and powerups.

Screens:

And a couple of (silent) WIP vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R0DHA8zzLc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTSgVF9PPXs

(I know posting up a vid of the final boss seems a bit premature, but he's nowhere near finished Slipgate - Wink)

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-07, 08:54 »

PS 1 Doom was the best port out there at the time. The stereo sound effects and ambient background music created the atmosphere it was meant to have from the beginning. No longer did it feel like a arcadey, fast paced shoot 'em up. You actually got immersed into what Doom really is, about a lone wolf fighting for survival and experiencing what it's like to be in the pit of all of mankind's fears.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: