2024-04-19, 18:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resurgence  (Read 5152 times)
Sk1ppy

Unnamed Player

« on: 2010-01-12, 09:30 »

So it's been a while since I've visted. In fact had to register a new account as I couldn't access my old one and turns out it was using a very old email of mine that no longer exists.

Several years ago, back in the glory days of Gen, there was talk of Resurgence. It was to be a single player game in Generations that was to feature monsters from the respected games. It was suppose to be version 1.1. Well fast forward about 5 years and version 1 still hasn't been released (not surprising when it comes to mods, as this is only a part time thing for the modders and RL does take priority) so I was wondering if it was still the intention to realese Resurgence? Or is the mod at the stage that it's just about getting version 1.0 out then calling it quits?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-12, 17:28 »

I would say at this point it's mostly about getting to 1.0 and then figuring out where we can go from there.  Most of the team members that were originally involved with the Resurgence idea have moved on to other things.  I've taken over the programming aspect completely, while at the time Resurgence was floated as a concept, Warden was working with one code base, and I was working with a completely separate code base where Resurgence was being tinkered with.  The two source trees were never merged.  A lot has changed in the primary code base (mine) to get certain core features functional, such as weapon animations, proper timers, projectile physics, etc.  Once the core game is completed, then I can go back and look at how feasible it is to consider working the Resurgence idea back in.  I can't make any guarantees on that becoming concrete.  It could be that I've done things that "broke" code that Resurgence would need in order to function.  My primary goal is to get the core multiplayer game as close to the original games as possible.  I won't know until after 1.0 is complete whether or not Resurgence can still work.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Sk1ppy

Unnamed Player

« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-14, 22:47 »

Fair enough. Still It'll be great to finnaly see version 1.0 finnaly released.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-15, 04:34 »

i recently had a resurgence of interest in age of empires 2. But that's about it.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #4 on: 2010-01-16, 03:37 »

Hey, as long as there's an SP tier campaign, I'll be satisfied Slipgate - Wink

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: