2024-03-29, 03:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Q2MOD  (Read 6504 times)
Arnie

Shambler

« on: 2010-04-02, 21:39 »

Hey All,

Long time no post, all doing well i hope.

I was made redundant in January and found myself with too much time on my hands so i took up quake coding to fill the void.

Anyway i`ve added Ladders and Rotating doors from code leeched from the net for practice and now i`ve added Func_explosive and Func_door_secret.

I`ve put all the code, maps, scripts etc into one RAR file that you copy to the Quake3 dir, if anyone would like to try it out to hunt down any bugs you can download it from here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/arnie25/

A warning, rar contains a few quake/quake2 sound files and a couple of textures.

The map is nothing special, just a test map so no lighting or vis has been added. Enjoy.

Will everybody stop getting shot.......
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-06, 10:16 »

Doors at end of weapons room, have chance to block you/melt with you, when they push you the end of their motion.
Arnie

Shambler

« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-06, 10:40 »

If you mean the rotating door then, yes they can trap you. It might be a map issue but i think the blocked door code isn`t working for some reason.

I had to remove the door reverse code to allow the ramp to work relying on the blocked door code to squish you if you got stuck.

Arnie

Shambler

« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-07, 11:34 »

I`ve upped rev 2 of the code, added some new stuff and cleaned up the map. Still not sorted the Rotating doors, one fix causes other probs, man how i feel your pain Phoenix.  Banging Head against Wall

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2010-04-07, 16:47 »

Movers are a pain, yes.  Most definitely yes.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Arnie

Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2010-04-08, 09:53 »

Rotating doors fixed,  hopefully.....now if i can get the misc_explobox to work properly i`ll be on a real high.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: