2024-03-28, 13:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Future Plans and Reminiscence  (Read 4637 times)
Xypher
Carbon-based Homosapien with an affinity for c++

Team Member
Chton

« on: 2010-08-26, 19:25 »

Just thought I'd share some of my future plans, feedback is welcome.

If you've ever played planetside, you'll know that it was a bit lacking in some respects. A friend and I, some time ago came up with an idea.

http://hellbat.mine.nu/mediawiki/index.php/Guns_Blazing_Story

http://hellbat.mine.nu/mediawiki/index.php/Guns_Blazing

I am quite serious about this project beginning in the next couple of years.  Obviously a game of such proportions will take quite a team to complete within 5 or so years. Thats the hard part, as many of you know. To find dedicated individuals to work on a project. I admit that I am no exception, having dropped Sliders in its original form. The source code I am now using is to be a base for Guns Blazing. I'll be taking pieces and parts as they are needed and forming them into generalized classes for use in other projects, or simply base code to start a similar class with a specialized use. I am essentially a man with no home when it comes to any "company", though my own is presently titled Hellbat. I've been with you guys on and off for a very long time now, but never forgotten about you. Especially Pho and Tab who seemed to have the most patience with me when I was a mere idiot teen.

I won't even go so far as to call this a proposal, but perhaps a twinkling. What are Wirehead's future plans? Might there be commercial games to be made? A Wirehead office? I've dreamt of these things for "my own" company. I had realized long ago that I can't do it alone, so was hoping perhaps Wirehead was leaning in a direction more befitting such a team of talents, and that I could bring up the caboose with all the C4. Slipgate - Wink

Thats a small portion of why i've come back to the forums, though. I genuinely miss you guys! Especially with a serious lack of IRC activity. I remember L4Mby, footman, lilazz, woodsman, confusedus, yicklepigeon, jess, and more whose name's I can't remember but personalities I do, (I think Pho and Tab go without saying) having a riot in IRC and the weekend games.

I just think Wirehead deserves a good kick in the rear!  Slipgate - Love

Sliders
Uptime: Yes!
Last Idle: 6 Years

http://hellbat.mine.nu
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-28, 08:09 »

Aye, things have been way too quiet.  I'm working on the code, but I do miss the games and chat.  Many people have drifted away and some I have no contact with, others I communicate with infrequently via Pidgin or Steam Chat, or here.  I check the boards every day, so if someone wants to get in touch with me all they have to do is shoot me A PM.

As for Wirehead's future plans, I cannot speak for anyone else, but I've not made any personally myself beyond getting Gen done.  I suppose I'm just accustomed to taking things one day at a time.
  Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Xypher
Carbon-based Homosapien with an affinity for c++

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-28, 17:14 »

How close would you say you are, percentage wise, to 1.0?
I'm really hoping you'd be willing to help and/or coach with Sliders network code at least!  Slipgate - Ninja

Sliders
Uptime: Yes!
Last Idle: 6 Years

http://hellbat.mine.nu
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-29, 03:48 »

I can't give a percentage because I honestly don't know.  I'm mired in bugs right now, the difficult kind at that.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: