2024-03-28, 10:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like another the Edge remake is in the works...  (Read 20284 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« on: 2011-01-31, 13:46 »

http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45079

Don't know if it's really worth the attention, but it looks pretty so far.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-31, 19:30 »

It says it's for QuakeLive, not Q3A, so not sure how that works.  I've never tried to load a QuakeLive map in Q3.  The texturing and visual style looks decent enough.  I don't think I'd be rushing out to replace Charon's version with it though.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
FistMarine

« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-31, 20:52 »

I have tried once to load a Quake Live map into Quake 3 but it didn't worked. I also tried to open a pk3 file with winrar (a QL map) and it said that the arhive may be damaged? Slipgate - Confused
thats why the Quake Live maps don't load in Quake 3
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2011-01-31, 22:12 »

I do know that QuakeLive's pk3 files use a different header and cannot be opened in Winzip.  Because of this Q3A cannot read them.  The map would have to be extracted from the QuakeLive .pk3 and rezipped into a normal one to test it out, or just left raw in the /maps folder.

Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2011-01-31, 23:46 »

Another Edge remix? I think I've seen enough of those. Slipgate - Roll Eyes
What we need is more Earth/Wolfenstein themed maps!
Arnie

Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2011-02-03, 23:57 »

You need a program called quakelivedec.exe to convert the files for Q3a. However the 'ontheedge-alpha.pk3' hasn't got all the textures in it.

Having had a run around in Q3a I can say that not a lot is different, probably works better in Quake-live.

Anyone tried Quake-live?

Will everybody stop getting shot.......
FistMarine

« Reply #6 on: 2011-02-04, 07:19 »

I tried Quake Live (my account name was FistMarine but I closed it)
I have once tried in Single Player vs Crash and I beat her 15-0 Slipgate - Thumbs up!
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2011-02-04, 16:31 »

I played it. Pretty much the same as normal Q3, as far as I could tell. Worked fine in my browser, but wasn't anything special.

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #8 on: 2011-02-09, 19:08 »

I played it for a few days... I couldn't help but feel as if the weapons were a lot weaker though. Maybe it was just me? Slipgate - Disappointed
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2011-02-10, 10:19 »

No, not just you.  The railgun does 80 points of damage instead of 100.  I know there's been other tweaks as well, but that's the one that got my attention the most.

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #10 on: 2011-02-11, 01:34 »

That's good to know. It explains why I can't seem to actually kill anything in Quake Live. Slipgate - Tongue
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #11 on: 2011-02-11, 03:57 »

I played QuakeLive once and didn't feel it was anything special. The most notable change that I saw was the item and weapon layouts for the maps when compared to Q3. I guess if I didn't own Q3 it would be ok, but since I do it felt semi-pointless to me.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2011-02-11, 15:01 »

I guess the active community is what works for it. I used to have trouble finding good low-pinging Q3 servers that didn't suck. Now, Live offers decent gaming pretty much all the time -- if you still like Q3 enough, that is :]

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2011-02-11, 17:34 »

The liking Q3 is the part that I have trouble with.  Vanilla Q3 is just not fun to me.  It never has been.  It's the same reason I never got into Rocket Arena 3.  I'll just keep working on Gen.  Who knows, maybe once we finally do get 1.0 out Id will look at it and say, "Hey, we want this in Quake Live" and then Gen will be everywhere?  Doom - Huh?

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #14 on: 2011-02-12, 17:57 »

I'm with you, Phoenix. I can honestly say that Generations is the only reason I continue to install Q3A onto my computer. If it weren't for you guys, I'd probably would have switched over to Unreal Tournament 2004 entirely. Slipgate - Wink
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #15 on: 2011-02-18, 22:55 »

Without gen id stop playing q3 ages ago Slipgate - Smile
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #16 on: 2012-01-11, 08:10 »

First off... OLD POST.. I know, but...

The liking Q3 is the part that I have trouble with.  Vanilla Q3 is just not fun to me.  It never has been.  It's the same reason I never got into Rocket Arena 3.  I'll just keep working on Gen.  Who knows, maybe once we finally do get 1.0 out Id will look at it and say, "Hey, we want this in Quake Live" and then Gen will be everywhere?  Doom - Huh?

The Quake Live thing got me intrigued. I'd love to see this being an XBL addict. Been flirting with the idea of downloading that myself. But not having Gen has stopped me from doing that so I keep reinstalling it on my PC with every dead HD I've had. I guess I'm murder on these things lately  Banging Head against Wall .

After that interruption... carry on.   Doom - Love Doom - Thumbs Up!

-EDIT-

Totally forgot about the topic. Edge remakes are cool. But there's too many out there. Time to go play the classic. CYA   Slipgate - Smirk
« Last Edit: 2012-01-11, 08:12 by death_stalker » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: