2024-04-19, 03:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shotgun...  (Read 8487 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« on: 2011-03-01, 03:22 »

Woah; The DooM marine would have loved this one:

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-01, 10:23 »

Oooh, that's nice.  Doom - Love

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Vorlonesque

Team Member
Pain Elemental

« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-17, 16:23 »

I've always been partial to the Russian box-mag fed pump shotguns myself (like the mp133k and the izh-81):

http://articles.janes.com/articles/Janes...tactical-shotgun-Russian-Federation.html

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/rus/mp-133-e.html

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-18, 01:24 »

Those look very similar to the Remington 870, right down to the action pins and link bar.  Good sturdy design.  Doomguy would approve.  The Saiga 12 seems to be all the rage lately though.

Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-18, 04:36 »

It's like a revolver and a shotgun had nasty drunken sex and had offspring...

And it looks like they kept the break action? That's awesome.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2011-05-18, 12:56 »

Well if what Tab posted equates to a bastard child of a shotgun and a revolver, THIS must have been the result of a threesome involving a shotgun, a grenade launcher, and an FAMAS.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2011-06-30, 14:20 »

To those familiar with Duke Nukem, Duke has a 3-barreled machinegun called the Ripper.  Well, looks like Soviet Russia invented it first:

MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #7 on: 2011-06-30, 15:29 »

What?  Why in the world...
As a prior-service guy, I can't even begin to think of the thought process that led to that contraption, but as a guy in general, ** that looks awesome! 

-Veritas-
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2011-07-01, 02:24 »

There was an American project known as SALVO, in which flechette-based weapons were being researched along with multiple-barrel machineguns.  The idea was that smaller, lighter rounds with a high rater of fire could be as deadly as full power rounds.  Springfield was developing a multiple-barrel rifle during this period.  The Soviets had already come to the conclusion that more rounds from lower-powered cartridges increases hit probability in designing the AK-47, but SALVO was attempting to take that a step further.  The Soviets, not to be outdone by the Americans, decided that if America was going to design a multiple-barrel rifle they'd do the same, and the result was the Pribor-ZB and TKB-059.  It has a 90 round magazine and a very high rate of fire.  The Soviet thinking was a bit different from the American thinking though.  The Soviets just wanted to be able to throw more lead down range faster to increase hit chances, which the Pribor was very capable of doing.  It never took off as an assault rifle though as it was a bit harder to control than they wanted and not especially light weight, and since it was magazine fed instead of being belt fed that made it impractical (at the time) for a light machinegun role (the modern RPK LMG is magazine fed).  It still looks awesome though, and I imagine that it would turn some heads at Knob Creek's annual machinegun shoot if someone were to turn up with one.  It's too bad they only exist in museums now.

MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #9 on: 2011-07-01, 13:59 »

Hadn't a clue... fascinating little bit of weapons history.

-Veritas-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: