2024-03-28, 22:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blast Chamber Quake 2 Linux server  (Read 5734 times)
Rct. Tsoul

Unnamed Player

« on: 2011-03-28, 13:19 »

Hello, I was quite fond of Q2 Blast Chamber, only problem was I could only host 8 player on a windows comp and it was not vvery good with that many players (laggy), now with Linux and processing power of 2011 along with R1Q2 I can host it at a professional game server hosting company, unfortunatly Linux i386.so was never released to the public.

Please provide me with a download link for the Linux server files and if posible a MAKE file for freeBSD, once this is provided to me I will immediatly host a 64 player server for it.

Also there was a Quake 3 version for it under development that I never seen released that would now work under OpenArena, if this is also avalible please post the link to download it as well.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-28, 21:23 »

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for.... The Linux server files, do you mean for R1Q2 or for Blast Chamber?  If it's for R1Q2 you'll have to check with R1ch on the R1Q2 site.  If it's for Blast Chamber for Quake 2, nobody on the current Wirehead team was involved in development.  I don't even have a copy of the actual mod for Quake 2, and I'm not sure where to download one since cdrom.com was taken offline several years ago.  I would have to know who the original program author was for Blast Chamber to see if they have source code available in order to try to compile a linux-native build.  If you have a link to a copy of Blast Chamber for Quake 2, link me to it and I'll see if I can locate and contact the mod author.  If you don't have a host, I'll PM you my email address and you can just email the a zip file of the Blast Chamber mod and I'll see what I can do.

As for the Quake 3 version known as Blast Arena, development was stalled on that prior to the 1.17 version of Quake 3 Arena, and very little was actually implemented at that time.  There's no functional version right now.  Development focus is currently on Generations Arena.  We may revisit Blast Chamber sometime soon, but at present it needs to be restarted from scratch.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Rct. Tsoul

Unnamed Player

« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-29, 00:00 »

R1Q2 is avalible, I have Blast Chamber for Quake2 Windows
 http://www.mediafire.com/?g4yjmj0tjwr
The file download is a .exe, rename it to .rar and use winRAR to extract it if you don't want to use the .exe
I need the Blast Chamber gamei386.so to run a Linux server, please tell me you can dig up one of the developers to provide this or get the source code and then I can have one made.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-29, 00:16 »

Thanks for the link, I have the mod downloaded now.  The readme file has the list of the Wirehead people that worked on it.  Ben was the coder, and I have no idea who he is.  He must have left before I became involved with Wirehead.  I do know LeeMon though.  I'll get in touch with Lee and see if he has the source code or if he has any contact with Ben.  As soon as I know more I'll post here.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-09, 08:57 »

I spoke with LeeMon, and he's unable to find the source code to the old Blast Chamber mod.  We don't have any contact with the original coder for the project either.  Lee may have given a copy to OoBeY who was working on the Blast Arena mod initially.  I'll try to get in touch with OoBeY and see if he has the source code.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Rct. Tsoul

Unnamed Player

« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-11, 23:10 »

Thanks for your effort, please do all you can, I will be checking here every day.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-18, 22:12 »

I was finally able to get in touch with OoBeY last night and he does not have a copy of the source code to Blast Chamber Q2.  We don't have any contact with the original coder, so it looks like the source code has been permanently lost.  The only way you could run a Blast server in Linux would be to run a Windows emulation.  If you're renting server space I don't think they'll do that, but I can't think of any other way.

If for some reason someone does manage to run across and archive of the source I'll let you know right away, but I wouldn't hold out hope there.
   Slipgate - Sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: