2024-03-28, 16:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake Dreams  (Read 7019 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2011-05-06, 19:43 »

Does this happen to anyone else?  Sometimes I have dreams as if I'm a gladiator in the Arenas Eternal, or sometimes Quake 2.  The maps are always a bit weird, often modified versions of Q2DM1, other times I'm not entirely certain where I'm supposed to be, and there's one rather strange vertical space map that pops up once in a while that doesn't exist as a real map.  In the dreams I'm always in the Arena and having to hold and aim the weapons with arms and hands as if I am actually a Doomguy or Q2 gumby or Slipgater, and running, jumping, falling, hitting bounce pads, etc.  This is in contrast with my normal dreams of flying with wings and perching with taloned feet which I certainly prefer, but it is something else to actually fire a railgun instead of just clicking a button.  I'm just curious if anyone else has dreams like this or if it's a side effect of Generations.  Slipgate - Surprised

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-07, 01:27 »

I haven't had anything of the sort for a few years now. Back when I actively played Doom, Quake and Quake II, I certainly did. I guess it was just the intensity with which I experienced those games; I just relived heavy fragging in my dreams more than a few times then. I don't remember many dreams, nor do I recall such details as whether I felt a difference between actually "being there" and playing, so it's probably not the same.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-07, 16:42 »

Actually, I had a dream akin to Q3A only a month or so ago. It was really only similar in concept, and even then it was pretty vague. The gist was that some near omnipotent alien race had constructed various battlegrounds from holographic material. They were all structured after famous events, related to the chosen warriors. The warriors themselves all originated from distinct points throughout Earth's history, though it was implied that other planets were also included. Only King Leonidas was specified in the dream. He was one of the team leaders. The battles themselves were broadcast across the universe, televised to numerous planets as a reality-show/blood sport. Ratings were good. Slipgate - Tongue

*shrugs*
FistMarine

« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-07, 16:46 »

I sometimes had these types of dreams. I could dream Quake if I played a lot of hours on a day. I usually dream on something that happens on the day. Slipgate - Asleep
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-07, 18:46 »

I've had similar dreams, but I can't say that I've had any about a specific game that I've played.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
LunaG

Beta Tester
Baron of Hell

« Reply #5 on: 2011-05-09, 03:24 »

Definitely too much ID games, lol... but if you can remember how the places look like and draw them down, then someone could have make a map out of it~

Be a Headshot's weblog follower today~!

http://www.headshotsdnbhd.blogspot.com
Drack97

Dopefish

« Reply #6 on: 2011-05-09, 17:38 »

Ahahah yes.
When I was 3 and I started to play QuakeII (I'm 14, I was bord in 1997), I always had nightmares.
Sometimes, the last time a few months ago, (when I started playing Q2 again because I found B@Q2/Evolved/KMQ2...) I have this dream: I'm in the "Bitterman's Spaceship" and I land (crash-land, sorry for the bad english) in the StroggBase. Then I kill some stroggs and weak up! xD
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2011-05-12, 15:39 »

I still dream nightmares about Pho chasing me with that chainsaw Slipgate - Sad should have those forum games going again was shitloads of fun hehe
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2011-05-12, 19:53 »

I... gave you nightmares?  Whoa, sorry dude!  Slipgate - WTF

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2011-05-12, 21:55 »

Hellz yes! rabid doomer running with a flaming chainsaw..ze horror!
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #10 on: 2011-07-07, 18:17 »

lol, my cousin said he dreamed he was in the world of lord of the rings, and there was battle going on, so he hid under a car Slipgate - Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: