2024-03-28, 16:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Random map changing  (Read 17167 times)
MadTux

Ogre

*Personal* text? No way!

« on: 2014-04-23, 14:59 »

Is is possible to have the new map chosen at random from a pool instead of having a map cycle?  Doom - Huh?
Sometimes I play alone with bots, and I would like to see all maps, but use a map cycling file or something. At the moment I usually either use /map or /exec gen_ffa and so on.

Oooh look -- a signature!
MadTux

Ogre

*Personal* text? No way!

« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-23, 15:01 »

Woops -- I somehow managed to post this topic twice. Can someone delete it? Sorry.  Slipgate - Sad

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-23, 17:34 »

Duplicate topic removed.  No worries.

As to the map changing, the answer is yes.  You can create your own map lists, use our pre-made map lists, and even create .cfg files that can start up a fully customized game.  You can even customize settings on a per-map basis in your map rotation file.  I think the manual on the website is still for  .99e... I'll have to update that.  The .99f manual should be in your generations download folder and it has the correct information.  The server setup page has information on how to set up map rotations.  Just open the manual.html file in your generations folder and click on the Server Setup link on the right side.  You'll see information about g_usemaplists, g_mapsort, etc.  That's what you want to look at.  Doom - Thumbs Up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
MadTux

Ogre

*Personal* text? No way!

« Reply #3 on: 2014-04-23, 18:20 »

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed.  Doom - Thumbs Up! And yes, the website manual seems to be outdated -- that explains why I didn't find it  Slipgate - Wink

(I usually don't use many smilies, but -- damn, these are the coolest on the internet  Doom - Love )

MadTux

Ogre

*Personal* text? No way!

« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-11, 19:02 »

Another thing.

I have a nice scripted map setup, with things like this:

Code:
qfraggel3ffa
{
set dmflags 8192
set genflags 0
set g_gravity 800
}

(One of my favourite maps, by the way) The problem is that dmflags and genflags don't change immediately. I can't set the flags for the next map, since I made the order random  Slipgate - Cool How do I get round it? In the sample scripted maplist, it doesn't seem to be any different. Anything I don't know or missed?

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2014-05-12, 00:12 »

If I understand correctly, you're setting those particular settings for qfraggel3ffa, but not wanting those settings on the rest of the maps in the rotation?  If so, then you have to just define them for the other maps, like this:

Code:
q3dm1
{
set dmflags 64
set genflags 0
set g_gravity 800

}
qfraggel3ffa
{
set dmflags 8192
set genflags 0
set g_gravity 800
}
q3dm17
{
set dmflags 64
set genflags 0
set g_gravity 800
}
gen-q2dm1
{
set dmflags 64
set genflags 0
set g_gravity 800
}

Just copy/paste your default settings block to the other maps, like in the above example.  That should work regardless of randomization.  Doom - Thumbs Up!

MadTux

Ogre

*Personal* text? No way!

« Reply #6 on: 2014-05-12, 05:54 »

For some reason, that doesn't seem to work.

I just tried it out again, and when I got to thegantlet, genflags was 0, although the maplist said
Code:
thegantlet
{
set dmflags 0
set genflags 61
set g_gravity 800
}

Does it make a difference that I am running ioquake3?

More of my maplist:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And my "ffa.cfg":
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2014-05-12, 17:28 »

ioquake3 shouldn't make a difference since all the maplist stuff is handled in game.qvm.

It's possible something's not parsing right in the rotation code.  I'll have to do some testing on this to see what's going on, but you might have found a bug.
  Slipgate - Surprised

MadTux

Ogre

*Personal* text? No way!

« Reply #8 on: 2014-05-13, 15:33 »

OK, this is weird. I replaced 'set dmflags foobar', etc. with 'dmflags foobar' and it works  Slipgate - Surprised . I might do some more experimenting to see if there is some kind of bug, though Slipgate - Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: