2024-03-28, 23:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rotk Review  (Read 9903 times)
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« on: 2003-12-12, 21:04 »

OH HELL YEAH ! As if watching the 3 minute trailer repeatedly for an hour on end wasn't enough, this just got my hopes up even more : RotK Review

This makes me laugh: "If you were to play dungeons and dragons for 12 hours straight, eat a wheel of brie and knock yourself out with a hammer, your dreams might look something like this."

ROCK ON !  Somebody, quick, hand me a towel, I'm gonna need it. *drools*

I'm happy that I got into the midnight showing. Wewt ! Tuesday night/Wednesday morning can't come soon enough ! I can't wait !
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-12, 21:46 »

Moving this on over to entertainment, etc!

Good review ;0
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-13, 00:23 »

lol ... yeah I just thought about that awhile after I posted it in the off-topic forum. Forgot this board got so specified instead of generalized. =P
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-13, 05:19 »

I haven't even seen the Two Towers yet... The short version of the Fellowship of the Ring was boring enough for me *shrugs*  :unsure:
MantiCore

Cacodemon

« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-13, 05:21 »

>I haven't even seen the Two Towers yet... The short version of the Fellowship of the Ring was boring enough for me *shrugs*  

Ditto.  I'll be happy when this LOTR buzz dies down.
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-13, 07:23 »

The 2nd one was better, and the 3rd will surpass both. Lemme ask you sth ... did either of you read the books ?
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #6 on: 2003-12-14, 02:40 »

No, I must admit that I have not. I've never been a fan of the fantasy genre though. Magic: the Gathering and D&D included  Slipgate - Tongue
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #7 on: 2003-12-14, 10:35 »

Blah. It takes a lot to get me into a book. But I assure you that I could not put these suckers down. There were some dragging parts in the 1st one, but other than that, DAMN. Reading the books made me get into the movies. *shrug*
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #8 on: 2003-12-15, 02:43 »

I have all four of the books in PDF format, I may go through them once I finish with my current read (From Rationalism to Existentialism) Slipgate - Wink
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2003-12-15, 03:03 »

I actually hated the books. I couldn't stay awake. BORING! At least the movies were able to hold my attention.

The only Tolkein book I liked was the Hobbit.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2003-12-15, 05:45 »

I'm looking forward to ROTK.  I like the movies a lot, and I have BOTH extended editions.  I've only read the first two books of the Lord of the Rings.  So far I do like the theatrical releases better.  I want to see the third movie before reading the book so I don't get any spoilers, even though part of The Two Towers book spoiled enough already...

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #11 on: 2003-12-15, 07:24 »

Well yeah b/c they left out the last few chapters. =P

I have both movies as well ... both regular and extended editions. The 3rd one will be by far better than the 2nd one even if just for Minis Tirith. *shrug* LotR series is one of the few books I've actually been able to get into.
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #12 on: 2003-12-18, 00:35 »

OMFG ! I went and saw the midnight show last night and HOLY COW ! Two words : HELL FRIGGIN YEAH ! Ok ... 3. =P This movie was MORE than I ever expected. It was everything a movie SHOULD be. Graphics rocked, storyline rocked, the battle scenes ROCKED. I laughed, I cried (which is a 1st for me) and sat in awe for parts of it. It was extremely intense. The part where I cried (well, not really cried, but really really teary eyed), you'll know when you see it. It was sad. But anyways ... if you don't have plans to go see it, I suggest you do so. It was seriously the best $5.50 I EVER spent. I got to spend 3 hours and 20 minutes drooling. Oh yeah ! GIGGITY ! I plan on seeing it again w/in the next week. wewt !

And it's not just me that says this ... everybody I've talked to that has seen it LOVED it. All the critics reviews I've read have given it 5/5 stars. I must say that Peter Jackson has redeemed himself for putting in Arwen and leaving out some of the stuff in the 1st two movies w/ the third. So GO NOW !
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #13 on: 2003-12-18, 03:09 »

The only time I've ever cried during a movie was the first time I saw the Land Before Time and Little-Foot's mother died... Yup...

Though I will admit, the ending of Boys Don't Cry almost got my eyes running, and that's been recently Slipgate - Wink

Peter Jackson won't redeem himself in my eyes until he does a sequel to Dead Alive (Brain Dead). Hehe

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie though |4mby Slipgate - Wink
« Last Edit: 2003-12-18, 03:26 by dev/null » Logged
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #14 on: 2003-12-18, 09:26 »

I am too. Best thing to happen to me this entire year. o.o Well, next to QuakeCon that is. Hehe.

Omg, I love The Land Before Time. They needed to stop after the 1st one. Seriously, the rest just blew.

Never seen the other movies you speak of. =P
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #15 on: 2003-12-18, 21:09 »

I got that movie , its awesome , the land before times  Thumbs up!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: