2024-04-29, 17:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What Models Do You Play As? (..And a Suggestion/Comment)  (Read 11730 times)
MantiCore

Cacodemon

« on: 2003-12-13, 01:58 »

Hey everyone, I've been playing Generations for about 2 weeks now and thought i'd make a topic to see what models everyone prefered ingame (thought this was more fitting than off-topic).  

Myself, it felt weird using anything BUT the default models for each class, but over time I grew to like the others.  A guy asked me this earlier (Xypher I think..), but I am a guy, but play as all female player models.  Mainly because I don't think any of the guy ones look that cool except all 3 of Anarki's and Bitterman's red and blue skin.

So heres a list of what skin I play as depending on the Generation:

Arena - Slash/Yuriko.  My favorite skin since I started playing Quake3...just looks all around cool.  Kind of a ripped up schoolgirl outfit/staind red/blue glasses and hair with hovering via smoke clouds.  Futuristic and cool.

Earth - Mynx/Blue.  No reason other than the orgasm-like taunt.  Jumpsuits arn't my thing  :lol:

Stogg - Major/Blue.  Love the animation and voiceover for her taunt, very enthusiastic and reminds me of the troops scream in the film Starship Troopers (the sequel comes out next year..straight to video FYI).  

Doom - Crash/Default.  Just a skinner Doom with breasts.  And a static-in-the-TV like effect on the helmet's front.  Nice shoes too!  Slipgate - Laugh

Slipgate - Ranger/Default.  Don't really like any of the models from this class, and this is where my suggestion would fall.  

Each class, with the exception of Slipgate has a female model to play with.  I know they are grouped under which models "feel" like they would in each game, but I think Slipgate needs one.  

Arena has 3 options; being Slash, Lucy and Hunter.  Slash fits Arena perfectly, since she, Anarki and Orbb are all strange/futuristic like things that define Quake3's atmosphere.  Hunter just wouldn't feel right as any other Generation to me.  Lucy I think could be swapped over to Slipgate, since all of Slipgate's models are a bit "husky" anyway.  

Soo..What models do you play as. And what do you think about Lucy being put in Slipgate?  Slipgate - Smile
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-13, 02:07 »

I just play whatever comes up default, since I'm not the guy who has to look at em.
 Really  though, it wouldn't be a bad idea to play as the females as they are usually a smaller (looking) model.  Yeah, I know the bounding box is the same, but it's still harder to aim at little ole Crash than big ole Doom.
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-13, 02:23 »

IIRC Slipgate is getting the Jaeger model/skin, so that satisfy your need for a female slippy Slipgate - Smile

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-13, 03:06 »

I use anything but the defaults as well.. that way I can be picked out easier.

Earth: Patriot or Mynx... I switch between the two at times just for the heck of it

Doom: I used to use Crash, but then I saw you did... so I switched to Phobos. Crash is my favorite q3 model, btw

Slipgate: Keel or Ranger... I just like Keel's sounds, hehe. But Ranger shows off my yellow shirt/red pants, the color combo I used to use way back in the QW/QWTF days.

Strogg: Stripe... I don't like the other models used for Strogg, especially TankJr.. so I just chose a different skin for the Grunt model

Arena: Anarki... Mostly for the taunt here. Kill someone, run past their body.. "I rule!".. hehe
« Last Edit: 2003-12-13, 03:08 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
MantiCore

Cacodemon

« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-13, 03:42 »

>IIRC Slipgate is getting the Jaeger model/skin, so that satisfy your need for a female slippy

Jaeger?  That from another mod or something..or is it something new being worked on?
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-13, 04:03 »

I use base models w/ blue skins, except for doom. I like Klesk (blue, of course) Slipgate - Laugh
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2003-12-13, 04:07 »

I'm a TankJr fan, so I use that for Strogg (not because it's a good looking model or anything, it's just a great joke & hommage to q2 Slipgate - Smile - Keel for slip and the others depend on my mood.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2003-12-13, 07:21 »

Earth:  I just use the blue team skin for Sarge.
Doom:  Since other people use the blue team skin now, I'm thinking of switching the headmodel to Veteran's see-through helmet or Grunt's head.
Slipgate:  Wrack kicks insane amounts of ass in my opinion. Slipgate - Tongue  It's a shame id never released team-colored variations of the non-default skins.
Strogg:  Bitterman.  I just like him more than Grunt for some reason.
Arena:  I really don't care for Visor that much so I usually use the blue team skin of Hunter.  I may start using the custom Dragoon skin though I'm not sure.

And that's it.  Oh btw... great job on the newly re-skinned Phobos to whoever is responsible.  Slipgate - Smile  He looks really kick ass.  I was thinking of playing as him, but I don't care for orange too much.
« Last Edit: 2003-12-13, 07:23 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2003-12-13, 08:08 »

Earth: Patriot/blue. Good model, and blue's my thing

Doom: Doom w/clear faceplate. I like the way klesk looks, but his sounds bother me. Bones just sucks

Slipgate: Ranger or Ranger/blue. My favorite q3 model Slipgate - Wink

Strogg: I rarely play strogg, so haven't changed model yet. I prefer bitterman however.

Arena: I rarely play Arena either, so I haven't changed the model, and I kinda like Visor.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2003-12-13, 10:01 »

earth : cadavre
doom : bones
strogg : tankjr
slipgate :keel
arena : sorlag:

then I can switch headmodels anytime in game to
phobos
uriel
mynx
bones
klesk
orbb

so with other words , it could be that you see a bones running around with a mynx head , just to confuse you guys .
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2003-12-13, 14:02 »

It would be awesome if Gen got the code from CPMA (or made something like it) which lets people highly customize what their model colors are.

They've got a special skin setup which is broken down into three secions - head, torso and legs. You can change the colors of a model's uniform in these three sections to any of 32 unique colors, making one model have potentially thousands of different skins. It's vera cool Slipgate - Laugh
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #11 on: 2003-12-13, 23:42 »

I like your suggestion alot Tek, it would be nice to do ingame.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #12 on: 2003-12-14, 04:35 »

Earth Soldiers: Patriot... Come on, who doesn't like cybernetic vampires?!

Doom Warriors: Veteran with the clear visor

Slipgaters: Uriel, though I do sometimes play as Ranger, with my dark blue attire

Strogg Troopers: Grunt, I forget the name of the skin though, hehe. It's custome *shrugs*

Arena Gladiators: Visor/S3, which has been my skin in vanilla Quake for quite a while Slipgate - Wink
« Last Edit: 2003-12-14, 04:42 by dev/null » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2003-12-14, 11:12 »

Quote from: Tekhead
It would be awesome if Gen got the code from CPMA (or made something like it) which lets people highly customize what their model colors are.
I've not played CPMA, nor do I have any desire to, but if I'm correct in reading this then it is similar to the code used for the custom colors on the RANGER skin we have at present.  The problem there is it requires overlay skins on the models.  We'd have to create custom colorized skins, like the Ranger skin, along with shaders for every model.  Not only that, this isn't really in the spirit of Gen.  I can understand custom HIGHLIGHTS on a team skin, but I don't see how making the game look like there are a bunch of clowns running around has anything to do with what we're trying to accomplish here.

About Jaeger:  Jaeger is in the works.  We had an original skin but lost it a while back, and the replacement has not yet been done.  We WILL have a female Slipgater, don't worry.

Phoenix typically uses:

Earth:  Razor/Id.
Doom:  Doom/Red.
Slipgate:  Uriel
Strogg:  Grunt/red
Arena:  Sorlag

I love the Id skin for the Razor model.  It's shiney, red and silver, and has the Q3 logo on it.  Bow down before the Id!

I use the red Doom skin because red is my favorite color.  I also prefer bold, brightly colored skins that stand out.  I feel no need to cowardly hide in the shadows or use some scrawny female model to reduce my visible profile.  You KNOW who's coming for you.  Tremble before me, small furry mammals!!

I rarely play the Slipgate class unless I am set to random rotation.  I use the Uriel model because it's non-human, and has wings.  I also love that monster growl for his taunt.

Ironically, I always use the Doom Unleashed model for playing Quake 2, so to pick a good Strogg model I just go with the Grunt.  Again, red skin for the same reasons stated for my Doom choice.

Arena, like Slipgate, I don't use very often.  I know Sorlag is a female model, but I really like the model.  She's kind of cute and makes funny noises when she taunts/dies.  I think it's one of Id's better models, and she certainly looks a lot better suited to the Arenas than those half-naked scrawny human females that SOME players prefer!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Doomed

« Reply #14 on: 2003-12-29, 23:26 »

I am working on playing the Doom generation exclusively. The only model I like is the default, like the classic Slipgate - Smile
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #15 on: 2003-12-31, 09:23 »

I am working on playing the Doom generation exclusively

lol pho , thats what you get for al that hard modelcode you made for gen Slipgate - Tongue
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #16 on: 2003-12-31, 11:56 »

earth: sarge in red cammo..just looks cool

Doom: phobos or default cuz doom owns! occasionally crash..but her taunt sounds like sarge and that pisses me off  :angry:

strogg: bitterman! i believe he saved ppl from the strogg  Thumbs up!

Slipgate: ranger cuz it has the old q1/qw feel, and uriel cuz i like gargoyles

arena: i dont use arena! but if i had to..it'd be patriot, he's cool
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #17 on: 2003-12-31, 13:58 »

strogg: bitterman! i believe he saved ppl from the strogg 

depend if you played out quake 2 or not Slipgate - Tongue

occasionally crash..but her taunt sounds like sarge and that pisses me off 

I think its a man beneath thehelmet and i got proof
http://www.planetquake.com/eyeball/article...xperiments.html
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #18 on: 2004-01-01, 01:46 »

Um... Patriot is a skin for the Razor model, which is Earth class.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #19 on: 2004-01-04, 03:40 »

Earth: Razor/Id

Doom: Doom/red with see-through helmet

Slipgate: Wrack

Strogg: Grunt/red

Arena: Gorre
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: