2024-03-29, 11:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: League of Ex. Gentlemen  (Read 5541 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-01-28, 06:51 »

What did you guys think of LXG? Anyone see it?
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #1 on: 2004-01-28, 08:57 »

I saw it the day it came out, and actually just saw it again last night. I liked it, but it screamed sequel at the end. Anybody else w/ me on that one ?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-01-28, 10:12 »

Yeah, it screamed sequel, that's for sure.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-01-28, 10:40 »

I liked it.  It was a little flat in the drama department, but it was basically an action flick and that's just fine by me.  It did have a few nice twists in it.  Yes, it does beg a sequel.  I hope they make one.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-01-29, 09:49 »

It was.. 'The League of Entertaining Gentlemen' for me. They should've kept Tom Bloody Sawyer out of it, and stuck a bit more to the original comic story/style. Not remarkable, but fun.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #5 on: 2004-01-29, 11:05 »

Good. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought sequel. I said that after we got done watching it at the theatre and everybody just shook their head at me. I had to explain it, and they still disregarded the fact that there'd probly be a sequel. Especially w/ what he says in the beginning. I still liked it. I haven't read the book, so I don't know about that whole part of it.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #6 on: 2004-02-04, 20:54 »

I haven't seen the movie, as it looked idiotic. Besides, I'm never too thrilled about seeing movies when the trailor is nothing but sub par CGI. I was not a fan of the comic book anyway, though if there was one apparent merit to the film, it would be Sean Conery's presence. Though I'm shocked about the relevance of a sequel. If you think Hollywood is going to base a movie on a comic book and not make a sequel to it, you're a moron, instantly.

I really cannot fathom why they don't use some of the better comic series out there, like Sandman for example. Of course, I guess I wouldn't want them to in reality, since X-Men has been the only decent one yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: