2024-04-26, 16:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sexually Active? Be careful...  (Read 19289 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-02-26, 06:20 »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...m/health_sex_dc

According to this article nearly half of the population under age 25 will end up with some form of STD.

So, when you're out partying, and see that hot girl dancing, remember, there's a 50% chance she'll make your wang rot off.

...not so hot now, is she?
« Last Edit: 2004-02-26, 06:20 by ConfusedUs » Logged
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #1 on: 2004-02-26, 06:21 »

But but ... I don't have a wang ! =P
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-02-26, 06:23 »

in that case: substuite 'wang rot off' for 'coochie get funky'
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #3 on: 2004-02-26, 06:28 »

Sorry con, but I don't sleep around like some ppl. =P
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-02-26, 06:31 »

That's good l4mby. Really good.

Far too many people do. Besides being immoral, in my opinion, it's DANGEROUS.

If one reason doesn't stop you, the other should.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2004-02-26, 06:33 »

That's a very disturbing statistic.  Now think about this before you go off on that one-night stand.  Condoms can break.  Abstinance is 100% guaranteed to not get you infected.  Wearing a condom is like putting on a bullet-proof vest and asking someone to shoot at you.  You can still get killed if the vest malfunctions.  Same with the condom.  STD's just kill you slower.  The absurdity of doing either is the same to me.  Dead is dead either way.

If you can't stand "going without" then remember that masturbation + abstinance is free, hurts nobody, takes the temptation away, and can actually save your life.  Anyone with religious convictions that have a problem with the masturbation part due to having been told that it's dirty or sinful,  please talk with me sometime.  There's a lot of confusion on this subject, and I'll be more than happy to clear things up.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #6 on: 2004-02-26, 06:33 »

Oh, I agree. Some of the ppl here I know sleep around a lot ... and I just shake my head at them. I'd get into this, but not tonight.
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #7 on: 2004-02-26, 06:41 »

"Although abstaining from sexual activity is guaranteed to prevent STDs, some adolescents and virtually all young adults will eventually choose to have sex," Camp said.

Honestly, don't any of you remember being 15? How can you really expect abstinence only training to work?

I've seen a few versions of the sexual education courses in the southern states but I don't really know how it is nation wide (since i doubt there is any consens) but the things i've seen were honestly quite scary as far as STDs and unwanted pregnancies go. Can anyone verify if you really only get abstinence training at high schools in the US, i mean someone farther away from the bible belt?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2004-02-26, 06:52 »

Condoms were mentioned (one sentence) at my 45-minute sex ed class in 5th grade, at my school in Oklahoma.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2004-02-26, 06:55 »

I say that saying "it won't work because people are going to anyway" is a stupid assumption.  If you care, you try anyway.  If they reject it, then it's their decision.  Peer pressure is a difficult thing to get past though.  Nobody likes being called "virgin" in front of other people.  For some reason it's considered an insult as opposed to a sign of virtue.  I can say it bold-faced to anyone because fortunately I'm not subjected to the same social pressures that humans are.  Killing the peer pressure would help, if such a thing were possible, and being mature about it instead of having the "giggle factor" would go a long way towards working around that.  Instincts and hormones, on the other hand, are another issue entirely.  You can't just shut those off at the flick of a switch, but you can still educate and hope for the best.

I believe that parents should do a lot more to educate their kids BEFORE their friends get to them and the temptation and social pressure sets in, especially since the schools seem to have no interest in pursuing abstinance education.  Schools in the US practically jump at the chance for passing out condoms, and then I've heard horror stories from some rather trusted personal sources of children as young as 5th grade being taught how to have sex.  Some of these were their OWN kids, and they found out about it from THEM.  Of course, having parents actually around helps.  It seems nobody stays married anymore, and single parents let the TV do the babysitting these days.  Of course, a single mom or dad having to work 2 or 3 jobs usually has little choice.  It is not an easy situation, and I pity any parent in this age for what they have to deal with.

As for abstinance working, well I'd say I'm pretty old and I've maintained my virginity, so abstinance can and does work.  I also had no formal training whatsoever. Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2004-02-26, 07:00 »

I believe that parents should do a lot more to educate their kids BEFORE their friends get to them and the temptation and social pressure sets in, especially since the schools seem to have no interest in pursuing abstinance education.

I've heard FIRST GRADERS talking about sex before.
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #11 on: 2004-02-26, 07:08 »

1st of all, abstinence worked for me. I mean, come on, have you seen some of the guys here in Nebraska ?! KIDDING. I think it's easier for such things to work for me b/c I was almost raped at 15. Hey, talk about a deterent.

They taught about such things in 5th grade. A lot of it was actually talking about abstinence. So, they did the good job w/ that here. *shrug*

I just maintain in general that a lot of parents really don't give a shit about their kids. B/c of that, they don't get educated so you end up w/ a lot of stuff like this. So, in most cases, as pho says, the friends get to them before the parents. Some of my friends may sleep around, but they're safe. Condoms are highly, what's the word I'm looking for ... I can't think straight. Basically, everybody carries them. If not, they go get them. However, some ppl tend to think that b/c you have condoms, you're completely safe. They need to tell ppl that they're a good contraceptive, but aren't 100% affective. I think that's part of where the teaching lacks.
Tha[\]atos

Imp

« Reply #12 on: 2004-02-26, 07:26 »

I am a virgin. Yes, I'm a 23 year old virgin. Damn proud of it too.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2004-02-26, 07:29 »

Well stop pointing your crotch at people!
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #14 on: 2004-02-26, 07:33 »

50% of all potential sexual partners have STDs? I hope to god it's my LEFT hand...
« Last Edit: 2004-02-26, 07:33 by OoBeY » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #15 on: 2004-02-26, 07:34 »

rofl!
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #16 on: 2004-02-26, 07:35 »

*falls over laughing* Oh god ...leave it to oob ... Yeah, I'm not going to touch that one.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #17 on: 2004-02-26, 07:36 »

agreed, i will avoid touching that one
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #18 on: 2004-02-26, 07:37 »

Yeah...I wouldn't touch IT either...
Tha[\]atos

Imp

« Reply #19 on: 2004-02-26, 07:37 »