2024-04-26, 16:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the status of Gen? (The usual update report)  (Read 24074 times)
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #40 on: 2003-05-27, 04:21 »

Well, that's not too bad... compared to some other mods out there, that's quite small. Slipgate - Smile HeadBanging

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #41 on: 2003-05-27, 04:55 »

Full instal huh. That's good, now I can flush 99A off of my zip disk. It was about 90 megs I think. Which means 99C is a lot smaller and neater, less junk to do the same job. Good deal. Thumbs up!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #42 on: 2003-05-29, 07:58 »

Well, it's good to be back up and running again.  Here's the latest and greatest so far.  If anything's redundant I apoligize, it's 3 am. Slipgate - Smile

Hand grenade timers were staying active if you died with a primed grenade.  Next throw after respawn blows up in your hand no matter what. That has been fixed.  A primed grenade now explodes on death with Strogg (like in Q2) and drops to ground with Earth as you'd expect with an old-fashioned pineapple.

A menu now floats whenever you initially join a server or the gametype changes allowing you to pick your class by keypress, without having to use the Esc menu.  For FFA it will drop you into play after 3 seconds (long enough to load models) and for Tourney you'll step into line to play.  Team Deathmatch and CTF you'll have to manually choose your team of course.  This should help the "class learning curve" a bit too for new players we hope to recruit once 99c is good to go.

An anti-cheat was added to a test function.  I won't specify which one here.  Sorry Myk, you knew that was coming. Slipgate - Wink

Wrong class model showing in the UI has been fixed.

Added a "step out of line" and "step into line" option for tourney play.  If you "step out of line" you'll be free to spectate the match as a dedicated spectator without cycling into combat.  Choosing "step into line" will put you back in the play cycle.  Useful for when somebody's got a 1 vs 1 grudgematch going and they want witnesses.  Sipgate - Evil

Those are the most recent changes and fixes.  More to come.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #43 on: 2003-05-29, 11:24 »

just had a neat gameplay idea that goes with your grudgematch
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #44 on: 2003-05-30, 07:37 »

Some new fixes.  The bird has been busy tonight. Slipgate - Wink

Fixed "bouncy" bug with Q3 grenades.  They never stopped bouncing when fired.

Fixed improper smoke trail rendering on Q3 grenades.

Fixed "smoking" grenades for all classes.  Grenades no longer make smoke when stationary.  They only leave the trail while in-flight.

Added mortar shell model and skin.

Added a short particle trail to the mortar shell to make it a tad more visible in-flight since the shell has no rocket flare.  Look like it's "burning" while on the way to the target.

Fixed the "out of ammo" bugs with Earth and Doom.  This needs to be tested across the net yet, but hopefully you'll no longer switch from a chaingun to an empty pistol, or from dualgats to an empty luger.

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #45 on: 2003-05-30, 14:34 »

is the bug exploid you where talking about .
the extra flameammo the earth guy can carry  Doom - Huh?  because I knew that 1
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #46 on: 2003-05-30, 23:56 »

No Games, we already fixed that one. Slipgate - Smile

Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #47 on: 2003-05-31, 05:12 »

I know about a bug in Quake3 Arena, but since Generations is a mod it may or not have even been in here at any time. In regular Quake3 Arena I noticed a bug with the railgun: sometimes you can have your crosshair right on top of a target and still miss, yet other times you can shoot the ground in front of your target and splatter them. Do any of you know what causes that bug? Have you observed it in Generations in any version? Also I suppose this bug may be fixed by some patch because my version of Quake3 Arena is straight from the CD it came on. Doom - Huh?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #48 on: 2003-05-31, 05:51 »

There's a 50 ms lag in Q3.  You're also probably seeing a hit-skip off the server.  Trail is showing up just as the player's bounding box is skipping ahead of the trace path when the gun goes off a split second too late.  It makes it appear the player was in the trail when the gun shot because you've not received the next snapshot yet, and he's already ahead of the trace on the server.  If the player "skips" around that's almost certainly why.  This is worse for shooting at uber high-ping players, but some clever configging can cause LPB's to skip around too.  The damage trace is 8 units above the actual trail as well.  Other than that there's not really a bug that I've found with the rail.

Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #49 on: 2003-05-31, 06:01 »

Strange, I usually AM the server and I've seen it happen right on my screen. When I saw it on my screen the player model I was shooting at didn't seem to be skipping any. My brother's computer is linked into mine through a cable and he see's skipping all the time.
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #50 on: 2003-05-31, 08:52 »

I understand your impatience, we're working on it. We've got some other stuff to finish up first.
For the record, I wasn't even trying to make an issue about it , I was just making a minor side comment.
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #51 on: 2003-06-08, 08:38 »

Minor side point: bug smashing is very important. Bungie spent a lot of time at it with Myth and Myth2.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #52 on: 2003-06-09, 09:39 »

Indeed, bugs can outright kill a game.  We've also run across a few new ones in the course of adding in fixes and code for 99c as recently as two days ago.  It's an ever ongoing thing.  I had to fix the handgrenades yet again.  My initial fix only worked on a local server, dedicated servers it was still happening to.  The code for the handgrenades has been gutted and completely redone.  They work flawlessly now in all tests. B)

Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #53 on: 2003-06-13, 07:12 »

That's good. Have you seen any of the command and conquer series lately? I don't know about Renegade or Generals, but every other game that Westwood made for that series has bugs in it. I was playing a Tiberian Sun network game earlier today and it froze and gave an internal error message. I clicked OK on the windows box and everything went back to windows. Sun frequently has fatal errors and so does Red Alert2. When big name developers make bug infested junk it must feel good every time you squash a bug. Slipgate - Laugh
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #54 on: 2003-06-13, 11:28 »

be glad it gqve an error .

warzone2100 just crashed to windows and that was it. even your music kept playing.
and even wurse , the other player wouldnt notify it. (exept all your vehicles stood still.

gta1 and 2 multiplayer was even wurse .

when gta1 multiplayer started up you had 2 choices .
1)it ran fine.
2)there was an opponent.
but he wasnt there where your opponent actually was.
this also goes for the other player .
you could describe it like this.

player1 is at coordintes b2
player2 is at coordinates c5

BUT
player2 sees player1 at coordinates v5
and player1 sees player3 at coordinates A9
in other words you saw a player (running against every obstacle.) but not on the right place. (yet you still got points for killing him.

gta2
bug1
doesn work under XP
bug2 if a car explodes in multiplayer
then there is so much laag both players cant move for the next 45 seconds . (not a joke )
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: