2024-04-24, 19:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Movie (Yes, it's coming.)  (Read 18180 times)
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #40 on: 2004-09-27, 08:02 »

You never know, Phobos could be the token black guy.

BTW, I think Pho needs his own private set of red Doom emoticons.
« Last Edit: 2004-09-27, 08:02 by Gnam » Logged
mecha

Shambler

« Reply #41 on: 2004-09-27, 08:09 »

Quote from: Footman
I doubt Phobos is even being considered for the movie. And I'm talkin' both the moon and the person. :p
ya footman.... cause you're such a philosopher.

everyone knows that video game movies get horribly screwed up. seriously dudes, I don't see why you even care about this. the concept of having Tom Berenger play the lead role back in 1995 was more amusing than this..
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #42 on: 2004-09-27, 08:28 »

im not sure what you guys are expecting out of a doom movie.. are you expecting a gorefest or a regular movie? we may know doomguy as flynn taggart, but the general public is nowhere near as obessed as we are.
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #43 on: 2004-09-27, 13:38 »

ya footman.... cause you're such a philosopher.
I never knew you cared. Slipgate - Thumbs up! Slipgate - Love

Quote from: Hedhunta
im not sure what you guys are expecting out of a doom movie.. are you expecting a gorefest or a regular movie? we may know doomguy as flynn taggart, but the general public is nowhere near as obessed as we are.
The DoomGuy has no name. He's supposed to be YOU. He was called Flynn in the novels, Doom in Quake 3, and is John Grimm in the movie.
« Last Edit: 2004-09-27, 13:41 by Footman » Logged
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #44 on: 2004-09-27, 16:53 »

Quote from: mecha
everyone knows that video game movies get horribly screwed up. seriously dudes, I don't see why you even care about this. the concept of having Tom Berenger play the lead role back in 1995 was more amusing than this..
Seconded - Video game movies suck. End of story, with plenty of reference material (just look up about ANY video game movie and see what I mean). I'm not overly excited about watching yet another story about a scientific experiment gone terribly wrong again.
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #45 on: 2004-09-27, 18:53 »

The question is not whether or not the Doom movie will suck, the question is how much it will suck, and whether or not that suckularity will contribute to it's entertainment factor.

Anyone see Cabin Fever last year? Best comedy of 2003!  Thumbs up!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #46 on: 2004-10-09, 04:51 »

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=26602

So here's what we know.  It's a newbie screenwriter who has played video games, including Doom, it's not going to be set on Mars, and The Rock won't raise his eyebrow in the film, and Karl Urban does play the Doom guy.  Despite the changes I'd say it's got a decent chance of success, provided the director doesn't screw it up.  As for why I'd give the newbie screenwriter a better shot at making a decent film?  He's young and ambitious so he's got to take his work seriously, as opposed to some late-career screenwriter that's told "Here, write a script for Doom" and sloshes some horrible piece of writing together.

It could still outright suck, but who knows.
 Doomed
« Last Edit: 2004-10-09, 04:51 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #47 on: 2004-10-10, 03:27 »

So the chick plays the main character's sister? Atleast that means they won't ruin it with a cheesy love story (unless the writer goes Lucas on our ass).
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #48 on: 2004-10-10, 04:04 »

Quote from: Phoenix
... it's not going to be set on Mars ...
In the words of Dr. Dre:

"N**** WHAT???"

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: