2024-03-28, 19:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool map  (Read 5929 times)
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« on: 2004-11-20, 00:27 »

Back a few  months ago we had a tournament in pkarena, and we chose everyone's favorite map-  I played it in generations and it is a real blast.  It is a conversion of a Q1 map done by the original authors at Team Evolve.  When they upgraded the mod to version 3.0, they changed the map and made it larger and really fancy, but we had such fond memories that I put it back on my web page for download so we can still play the original in the new painkeep.

I think you guys may like it, small and awsome 1 vs 1 map, that's why it  was chosen for the tourney.

This is not a beta and is not one of my maps, so it can't be changed, but check it out.

It's up in My Webpage
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-11-20, 02:10 »

Got any more screenshots, for those who can't run Quake atm? Slipgate - Smile

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #2 on: 2004-11-20, 02:52 »

OK, it really isn't a great looker, but it is really simple, easy to learn and great flow, at least in painkeep, and for what i seen playing it in gen, I really enjoy it.

Gnam

Makron

« Reply #3 on: 2004-11-20, 04:58 »

Can you provide a link, or atleast name of the map so we can google it?  Slipgate - Smile~
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2004-11-20, 05:05 »

Hey... that map seems allright.

I think Doom will dominate due to all the close-range cooridor fighting, btu I could be wrong.

Now, that grappling hook makes things funky, but I don't know if that's a bad thing or what.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2004-11-20, 06:04 »

Actually, Slipgate wins in close-quarters combat. Just ask pho Slipgate - Tongue

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #6 on: 2004-11-20, 16:01 »

Sorry about the hook, like I said it isn't my map, and it's a painkeep map, just bring down the console and see all the painkeep stuff that doesn't spawn :-)

Man we spent hours playing that thing in the tournament with as much as 5-6 people spectating, the fun just doesnt stop you can be quite creative rocketjumping in that map too.

I don't know that you can google this map, it's one of the official team evolve painkeep arena maps, you can go to their team evolve site and where it says choose a map,  choose harlequin's demise (the real name of the map) and see how it looks now after they  reskinned it and changed it a bit, it is still a lot of fun, but this one plays a little faster and has better flow in my opinion.

And you guys keep trying to figure out which class will rule, I  will play with earth just for the fun factor, I have lobed rockets down to fools going for the mega and rockets up from the bottom of the stairs to people trying to camp the rocketlaunvher by the tele, and funfactor is a solid 10 :-)

EDIT: BUAAHAHA I tried Harlequin's demise in google, it has  .this page with schematics and all, it's for the Q1 version but it's basically the same  exact layout as Q3
« Last Edit: 2004-11-20, 16:17 by FluSyndrome » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: