2024-04-18, 14:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Generations Gameplay ideas - Take 2 (Got ideas? Post em here!)  (Read 28584 times)
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #60 on: 2003-06-04, 12:09 »

Quote from: ReBoOt
Right, well i was playing EF(Star trek elite force) expansion in a gameplay mode called "Assimilation" works like this:

1 Borg team
1 Human/federation team.

The borgs supposed to try assimiltion all humans, once a human is assmilated, they become borg.Once all are assimilated the borg team wins.
The federation team are supposed to kill the borg queen to win the match.

I tought about this and i think it whould be a great idea for gen, with some changes:

in gen every class is a "team" the goal is to turn all players into your own class for eg.

Let's say im a slipgater class i see an earth dude i kill him and he is force spawned into my slipgate team he's on my side now.
Once all classes are destroyed, the remaining class is the winner.

This might be impossible to code,  but damn i think this mode whould be quite fun! Slipgate - Smile
an idea with this is. you become a monster from your own class like
blue = heros
red= monsters.

red team can only be
if doom = an imp
if strogg = tankjr
if slipgate = zombie ormonster or whatever
if earth = monster from earth
if gladiator = orbb

if our on blue you are.
doom
ranger
grunt
blaze
visor

when your killed as doom . you spawn in the red team. but as a monster of your class .
so a doomguy would become an imp . a stroggdude would become tankjr.
and so on.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #61 on: 2003-06-06, 04:37 »

Games, are you BLIND?  Or did you just not pay attention?   Fainting

1) YOU CANNOT AND WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE A MONSTER. EVER.

All that would do is restrict your player models to either "human" or "creature" characters.  Otherwise it's Team Deathmatch.  Try again.  Idiot

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #62 on: 2003-06-06, 16:09 »

All that would do is restrict your player models to either "human" or "creature" characters
Slipgate - Roll Eyes
thats what I meant anyway pho .

thx for pointing out my bad grammer
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #63 on: 2003-06-06, 22:49 »

Games keeper you never stop to amaze me... Slipgate - Laugh
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #64 on: 2003-06-06, 22:55 »

amazenings are the part of life where you have to live for Slipgate - Smile
Twilight

Pain Elemental

« Reply #65 on: 2003-06-07, 01:43 »

gk don't ever stop posting

u own all Zen master dude

aight peace
« Last Edit: 2003-06-07, 01:43 by Twilight » Logged
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #66 on: 2003-06-08, 08:48 »

Creatures won't be available until resurgence is done anyway. Maybe a similar but slightly different idea would work. Imagine players who get fragged come back as Orbs. The match ends when either one team is all orbs or only one player is left as a non-orb.                                                                                                                                     "When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave."
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #67 on: 2003-06-08, 18:50 »

/me takes the pebble from Vadertime's hand in a flash, then skips away tossing it up and down in the air while whistling a merry tune

EDIT: We should have a emocon like this one Slipgate - Asleep , but with musical notes instead of Z's...
« Last Edit: 2003-06-08, 18:51 by dev/null » Logged
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #68 on: 2003-06-09, 08:05 »

"Percieve the way of nature and no force of man can harm you. Do not meet a wave head on, avoid it." Maybe a mode called "livestock" would be good. Players/Teams would compete to nudge stubborn, uncooperative farm animals across the map to their "pen". Each successfully moved animal would be worth one point. Any weapon could nudge one. Large livestock would be best: cows, pigs, horses, goats, etc....

"Between the subtleness of the snake and the eagle's claws there is no discord." Slipgate - Laugh
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #69 on: 2003-06-29, 05:44 »

Not really sure if this would qualify as a 'gameplay idea' or not... but it's just something that gnaws at me everytime I play.
I think you should be able to hold ammo for a gun before you pick it up. Like if you're playing as Slipgate picking up lightning ammo boxes left and right, pick up the shaft... and BAM... 15 cells. Is just a minor thing, but like I said... it kinda gnaws at me after a while. Slipgate - Smile

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: