2024-03-28, 15:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earth Items - Sneak Preview ((I'm back from my little hibernation))  (Read 26479 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #60 on: 2003-06-03, 01:28 »

what I'm saying, is that I don't really use filters :]

I use automated photoshop fx:
- mainly layer effects (blending mode), occasional outer glow or bevel (very rarely in skins)
- type tool (if you consider this filter-like)
and a few filters:
- offset, lighting fx, blur/gauss blur

I basically never use any other type of filter. Because I don't like to (gives me the creepy feeling I'm not in control & not fully the creator of the material) - but also because the filters would greatly affect the style of my work - and that would be a negative effect :]

Sometimes, especially for written text or grafiti etc, I just paint the text, instead of using a type tool. Mostly however, I use the type tool, then rasterize the layer, and adjust it with my trusty airbrush ;]
« Last Edit: 2003-06-03, 01:29 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #61 on: 2003-06-03, 02:06 »

I'll just agree with Phoenix and say you have a magic wand hidden somewhere. Slipgate - Smile

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
MoJoJoJoe

« Reply #62 on: 2003-06-03, 23:44 »

Great Job Tab more than halfway done. 54 models done and skinned some not in game status yet. And only 47 skins to do and less than that to make a model for. Keep up the good work Tab.
MoJoJoJoe

« Reply #63 on: 2003-06-03, 23:56 »

About the Wolf armor thing. Return to Castle has an answer. Also a mere seggestion on how to cover the three armor sections from me.

Armor shard= Flak Plate (suggestion)

50 point armor= Light Flak Jacket (suggestion)

100 point armor= Flak Jacket (from return to castle with a new model and new skin of course).

Comments Tab?
« Last Edit: 2003-06-03, 23:57 by MoJoJoJoe » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #64 on: 2003-06-04, 02:44 »

the armor shard => german helmet (it's done and in the items preview you've undoubtedly seen) - no time to go back and chance that now  (and I personally don't really see a reason either Slipgate - Wink)

The other armors will definately not make it into 99c, seeing as how that would probably take too damn long. Once I get started on that, we'll have to decide if we're going for a RTCW look, or use Arno's tip there, and turn the armor items into a treasury. Realism&Intuitive stuff  vs  the authentic wolf3d feel.. it'll be a team poll, probably.

P.S. I'm quite puzzled where you get those numbers.. 54 models & skins? Not even close, even when I would count armor & powerups - and they're not even scheduled for 99c Slipgate - Smile

Here's an overview of what's done - what's to be done:
http://www.planetquake.com/tabun/tmp/itemstatus.htm
This does not include map-models & textures, but it amounts to 30-something models, and 50-something skins altogether (Now if that wasn't over a 2 year-period, it'd be a shitload Slipgate - Smile)
« Last Edit: 2003-06-04, 03:06 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: