2024-03-28, 16:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: .99f Feedback Thread  (Read 132892 times)
Monkeyboy

Unnamed Player

« Reply #100 on: 2006-03-13, 20:33 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Well we have to save some kind of "ooh, ahh" stuff for 1.0's release.  If we preview everything, we kind of lose that.  Slipgate - Wink
So there IS an update coming! That's fantastic.

So tell me, *light's cigar, puffs cigar* ,when's it gona be done?

I hope this isn't one of those "duke nukem 2000" promises, though.

You need to make the update, because I want it. I need it. I'm hungry. Make it, no bugs, it has to be perfect, because I insist.

Thanks....  Thumbs up!

Slipgate - Laugh
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #101 on: 2006-03-13, 20:54 »

Generations Arena 1.0 will be available when it's done.

No, seriously, that's it. We have no timeline for its release, as there is still quite a bit of work to be done on it. But be assured, it will happen, and you'll certainly know when it does. Doomed
« Last Edit: 2006-03-13, 20:55 by Makou » Logged

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #102 on: 2006-03-14, 08:54 »

Aye, it's the "perfect, no bugs" part that makes development a bit slower, plus we can't keep up the breakneck pace we had when we first started.  Just about everyone involved in the project has to devote more time to other things right now.  That being said, rest assured that the mod is being worked on.  I post some things on my .plan now and then, and my changelog continues to grow.

"When it's done", as Mak said, is the only answer we can give on the next release.  In the past we've typically tried to release in time for QuakeCon.  That's not likely to happen this year.  I'm intending our next release to be 1.0 full, and it's requiring a lot of work to go from .99f to 1.0.  

This certainly isn't a Duke Nukem situation.  We actually have playable betas.  DNF is still 100% vaporware.  All I can say about DNF is, when and if it actually is released, it better be the mother of all video games or 3d-Realms will have some explaining to do.
 Slipgate - Smirk
« Last Edit: 2006-03-14, 08:56 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #103 on: 2006-03-14, 09:07 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Aye, it's the "perfect, no bugs" part that makes development a bit slower, plus we can't keep up the breakneck pace we had when we first started.  Just about everyone involved in the project has to devote more time to other things right now.  That being said, rest assured that the mod is being worked on.  I post some things on my .plan now and then, and my changelog continues to grow.

"When it's done", as Mak said, is the only answer we can give on the next release.  In the past we've typically tried to release in time for QuakeCon.  That's not likely to happen this year.  I'm intending our next release to be 1.0 full, and it's requiring a lot of work to go from .99f to 1.0.  

This certainly isn't a Duke Nukem situation.  We actually have playable betas.  DNF is still 100% vaporware.  All I can say about DNF is, when and if it actually is released, it better be the mother of all video games or 3d-Realms will have some explaining to do.
 Slipgate - Smirk
Until then, you will play .99g and sporking like it.

Beer? I'm down.
Monkeyboy

Unnamed Player

« Reply #104 on: 2006-03-14, 13:37 »

It's good to know it will happen.

Thanks, my blood presure went from 200 to 160, I'm all good.

Thumbs up!
Sucutrule

Tank Commander

KETEZEIT PEW PEW

« Reply #105 on: 2006-04-30, 00:53 »

OMG this MOD ROCKS!!!!!11 OMFG KANT VELIEVE THAT IS SO DAMN GOOD!!!!!

Slipgate - Shifty  Doomed

:rules:

How I am supposed to type will all this cheese laying around?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #106 on: 2006-04-30, 11:20 »

Thanks mate!

We enjoyed having you in the Euro game yesterday. Too bad you didn't ping well, but I'm glad you (apparently) enjoyed it!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #107 on: 2006-04-30, 20:29 »

Blast!  I missed the Euro game.  Oh well, we did have a US game too, and it was fun.  Thumbs up!

Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #108 on: 2006-08-07, 12:27 »

Diggin though old topics gave me that thing:
Would be a big "respawn" unbalance to give strogg some shells at start like 5 and have more use of singleshotgun?
« Last Edit: 2006-08-07, 12:28 by Kingu » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #109 on: 2006-08-07, 15:00 »

You do realize he spawns with a machinegun and 50 bullets, same as Earth and Arena, right?

Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #110 on: 2006-08-07, 15:05 »

I do, but I just don't have much to use that singleshotgun.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #111 on: 2006-08-07, 15:34 »

The only reason Doom and Strogg tote around an empty single shotty, and why Skippy runs around with an empty nailgun, and why Doom spawns with a chainsaw is normally there's no other way they could pick up those weapons.  You can get ammo for the Strogg single shotty by either offing a Slipgater and plundering his booty (backpack), or by running over a shotgun spawn or shotgun ammo.  If it wasn't for the fact that Q3 maps don't have single shotgun and machinegun weapon spawns, I'd spawn everyone with exactly what they had in the old games.

Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #112 on: 2006-08-07, 15:41 »

Ok i get it. Thanks  Thumbs up!
Than now I just hope next release soom, I'm on release drug or something.  Slipgate - Distraught Sipgate - Evil
« Last Edit: 2006-08-07, 15:45 by Kingu » Logged
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #113 on: 2007-09-17, 09:35 »

There was a colective page here with models and teamskinpack i think, where it is now Slipgate - Confused
 I'm trying to convert a friend to play gen and i would be helpful for those packs.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #114 on: 2007-09-17, 14:14 »

It should be on the downloads page, and looks like the link got nuked.  Here's some direct linkage for now:

Wirehead Model Pack

This includes the new skins, the Qforcer model and Enforcer bot, and the Q2 Guard model and bots.

Call3mann

Unnamed Player

« Reply #115 on: 2007-12-09, 22:37 »

Generations Arena 1.0 will be available when it's done.
Haha, I wonder where I heard that before... Slipgate - Wink

I know how slow development can go at times, I make games and software myself. -From what I have seen in GA0.99f, all I miss are the weapon animations. No bugs bothering me. x]
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #116 on: 2007-12-09, 23:52 »

Go see the preview/teaser video (link is on the Generations news page), to get some idea of how the weapon animations look.. :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
bengreenwood

Ogre

« Reply #117 on: 2008-01-29, 19:35 »

Hey,

I've been playing Generations 99f and I had a bunch of thoughts about it that I thought I'd ask about:

1. Are there plans to have decals for the Wolf 3D Napalm launcher? I think black marks would look good. Also if the flames stayed longer that would be cool, too.
2. Any chance of increasing the player's mug shot so it fills the box that it is in at the bottom?
3. How's about getting someone to re-draw new, higher quality mug-shot animation frames for the Wolf 3D, Doom and Quake guys, based on the originals? That is if we can find someone to do so I mean.
4. Any chance of using the sound effects from the Mac version of Wolf 3D? They were a lot better than the originals but I don't know what the deal is with copyright etc.
5. How's about having the gatling guns in the game eject masses and masses of shells that stay on the floor a while? That would be really cool.
6. Any chance of having some kind of dead bodies stay/ don't gib option- that would be kind of like Doom 2 where you ended up with dead bodies everywhere.
7. How's about new speech effects for the Wolf 3D/ Doom/ Quake / Quake 2 guys? Based on the originals I mean. I know a few voice actors if you want me to ask around.
8. Will the Doom 3 plasma rifle eventually animate like the old one with him pulling it up to the side after shooting?
9. How's about making the explosions louder. I know it wouldn't necessarily be authentic but right now if you shoot a rocket at the wall you can barely hear it over the sound of the launcher firing. Actually I remember in Doom the explosions being a lot louder. It was only since Quake 2 they made them quieter. Also, I don't know if anyone here has played Total Annihilation but in that the explosions were amazingly meaty. It'd be great to have ones like that in an FPS game. Maybe you could beef up the animations a bit and even have a little debris come out of the walls when a rocket hits etc. I might have a go at drawing some new sprites for some of them myself if you like.
10. Any chance of some ladders?

Anyway, thanks guys.

EDIT: Oh shit, I just noticed there's a 99f feedback thread. I should have posted this there, really. Sorry.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #118 on: 2008-01-29, 20:24 »

1.  No plans for decals right now.  If any effects change on the napalm launcher, possibly, but I'll have to check Q3's max marks limit.
2.  If we modify the HUDS, possibly.
3.  Possible, yes, but the problem with that is the hud shows what head model you're using.  Having the Doomguy's mug in there when you're Crash or Klesk doesn't make much sense.
4.  Sounds are an ongoing discussion internally right now.  Most of the weapon sounds for the Earth Soldiers class are already "in-house".  I do have a new sound for the MP-40 that sounds very close to the original.  I've checked out what the original sounds from Wolf were like out of curiosity and I did not care for how the gatling gun or luger sounds behaved.  As for the Mac version, I don't have it nor do I own a Mac so I have no idea what it sounds like??
5.  All new brass-ejection effects are planned.
6.  Permanent bodies... no.  Dead bodies use up what is called a bodyque.  Having them stick around can overflow this, which starts to cause problems.  Also, too many corpses laying around uses up rendering power that's better suited to other things.  It may be possible to make some corpses stick around longer than others at some point, but it was problematic the last time I tried.  I may look into it again sometime.
7.  I'd only accept it if they sounded dead on to the originals.
8.  Yes.
9.  Yes.  Improved sound attenuation is part of the new executable functions I've coded for the current non-public version.
10.  Already done.  Try req2dm2v2!

No problem.  I can merge topics easy enough.
  Doom - Thumbs Up!
« Last Edit: 2008-01-29, 20:30 by Phoenix » Logged

bengreenwood

Ogre

« Reply #119 on: 2008-01-29, 23:05 »

3. Yeah true but a mug shot/ old school themed HUD would give you some serious nostalgia value- and you could always have the option to turn it off. That said we'd obviously need to find someone to draw new ones.
3. There's a video of the 3D0 version here, which uses the mac graphics/ sounds- this first clip shows the chain gun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1uf3hVMCl4

and to see/ hear the machine gun, watch this clip, from about 0.50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EQlk27eAD4

Actually looking back the machine gun doesn't sound so great, but I still love the chain-gun. The music is awesome too (that's the in-game soundtrack in those videos). Actually I used to have the 3D0 version myself. I used to love blasting the bad guys with that chain gun. The game made you feel like such a bad ass.

6. Cool, well, thanks. Maybe you could have a bodycount limit or something? After which gets passed they start to disappear or something? Obviously I'm not suggesting this be a priority, just that it'd be cool for the future.
7. Cool, well I'll see what I can do. I've been really impressed with some of the voice actors I've met online. What's the maximum audio quality you can use?
9. Awesome. It'd be good to get some new sound effects too. Like I said the ones from Total Annihilation really had some serious kick. Something like that would rock.

Thanks for considering my points!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: