2024-04-27, 19:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Humiliation? Frustration? A discussion. ((as split from the 99fdemos thread))  (Read 23955 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #60 on: 2005-05-20, 19:25 »

Weak-weapon maps would be tricky owing the the cross-class strengths and weaknesses.  A shotgun spawn may sound weak, but to Doom it's a very powerful weapon, whereas to Slipgate you might as well use spitballs.  Earth can get a gat (or two) from a single shotgun spawn as well, so you might want to watch how much ammo you leave on the map if you do that.

Plasmagun spawns are usually pretty balanced.  Doom's plasma rifle is stronger and more spammy than the others, but it also eats ammo quickly and he gets the least ammo benefit from cells.  Slipgate's SNG and Strogg's hyper are somewhat on par with each other.  Arena's plasma has always been kind of so-so, and Earth's flamer is only good at short ranges.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #61 on: 2005-05-20, 20:05 »

That's what I was afraid of.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #62 on: 2005-05-21, 05:22 »

Heh... I think Arena's plasma is better than all the others. It flies hella fast. Might not be the strongest, but the speed makes up for it.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Alucard

Beta Tester
Imp

« Reply #63 on: 2005-05-21, 15:44 »

I agree with Tab that euros are getting better. We have a good teacher  <3

The cases where FFA games would be led by Tab with a 40 frag difference to the second player are less frequent. The handicap helps there Slipgate - Smile

Though it is still difficult to do a fair TDM round. I have not seen many games where the team that Tab's in didn't win.

I do believe that if the leading player in a FFA game leads by a 20 or more frag difference, any and every way of killing that player is allowed Slipgate - Wink

BTW: Tab still won that game where we ganged up on him with 3 bfg's. I call that fair Slipgate - Wink

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #64 on: 2005-05-22, 09:56 »

shotgun means gatling gun  nad if you pick up 2 gats its a dual gat .

make the shoty a plasma gun
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #65 on: 2005-05-22, 14:34 »

All weapon pickups are unbalanced one way or the other. I think Arena gets the biggest advantage from a plasma pickup :]

Alu: I only won that round because I got pissed and went BFGing-Doom at the end..

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: