2024-04-27, 21:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: More thieving (People will never learn.)  (Read 21763 times)
NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #20 on: 2005-06-10, 21:51 »

sorry
i get kinda angry when a german does something stupid Slipgate - Tongue

and besides im jewish. NO ONE SAY ANYTHING!
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #21 on: 2005-06-10, 22:17 »

Quote from: McDeth
Funny, I read the entire "team members" page twice, and no where did I see your name under "modeller" or anywhere else for that matter. Is it possible that it isn't "our" models, but "theirs"?

(And to be abundantly clear, before Pho types our eyes off: when I say "theirs" I mean those names listed on the the "team members" page.)
McDeth, please... just please put down the crack pipe.  There's no way in hell they could've independently come up with three (count 'em - three) separate and completely different weapon models that all just coincidentally look exactly like ours.  The only difference I noticed is a different texture on the flamethrower's barrel - but otherwise it was an exact copy, right down to the "flammable" symbol on the fuel tanks.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2005-06-11, 02:15 »

I think McDeth was referencing Kruzader's post, but it was still uncalled for.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #23 on: 2005-06-11, 04:34 »

yeah... even in that situation, i agree it was still uncalled for.  kruzader was defending us, and that's what's important - attacking him because of semantics is just rude and uncouth  Slipgate - Shouting
LooF

Imp

« Reply #24 on: 2005-06-11, 06:39 »

come on phoenix! thats not what I meant Slipgate - Tongue
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2005-06-11, 06:39 »

reaper: I didn't go and see what you posted there, but jew, pope, preacher or jackrabbit, throwing with laden words like that is uncalled for, aswell as unhelpful. People stealing mod-work are usually jack-asses and almost always fools. That doesn't make them (neo-)nazi's, nor does the fact that they're German. And if stupid assumptions and accusations are what you went and posted on that site, then you've just helped us out of the frying pan and into the fire.

As for the rest: Babelfish translations (unless requested), insults, trolling and the like will hardly help our cause, so think thrice. I thought I didn't have to repeat myself, because I explained it all the last time we got ripped off. The time before that we got to see first hand how it all went wrong, while it could have gone relatively smooth. Considering that this kind of thing will happen at least 10 more times before we make a final release, let's not make it a bumpy ride, shall we?

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #26 on: 2005-06-11, 06:45 »

While we appreciate the enthusiasm of those wanting to flock to our defense, we've dealt with this situation many times before.  I think a better way to take out that frustration would be to load a few bots with some "fun" names and start killing them with impunity.  That way you're honoring Gen with some game time, venting your frustration with some fragging (and "fun" names for bots), and avoiding inflamatory, emotional postings that can actually impede our resolving the problem. Slipgate - Smile

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #27 on: 2005-06-11, 16:12 »

Well said Bird Man
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #28 on: 2005-06-11, 16:55 »

Stealing is bad, m'kay?
NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #29 on: 2005-06-11, 19:09 »

"im sorry mr. mackey, mkay?"
"mkay."
"were all sorry mr. mackey, mkay?"
"mkay"

yea... i still think we should do something about this, like contact id software or something.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #30 on: 2005-06-11, 20:44 »

Holy sporksticks people.

The team asked you to not go trolling, and that's the majority of what I see on the linked forum page.

Let's leave the discussion to people who don't come off as flaming troglodytes, 'kay?

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #31 on: 2005-06-11, 20:47 »

mkay
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #32 on: 2005-06-11, 21:05 »

o'dium

Spectre

« Reply #33 on: 2005-06-12, 16:46 »

So are these guys saying those are NOT your models now or what? I cant tell what they are saying...

Either way, sucks again guys. Sorry to hear about this. Its a shame people cant just use common sense.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #34 on: 2005-06-12, 18:25 »

Actually, the discussion thread on that site is gone now, and the screenshots are no longer linked on their main page.  The direct links still work, possibly an oversight, but it appears they've complied or are trying to.  If you hit the "back" button from a working pic you can see they're not linked anymore on the main page.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #35 on: 2005-06-12, 18:55 »

Let's keep an eye on em. I'll be sure to check the contents of their downloadable files later.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #36 on: 2005-06-12, 19:39 »

Most definitely.  Thumbs up!

Damager

Light Guard

« Reply #37 on: 2005-06-12, 19:50 »

On the news page:

"Da sich im Forum die Jungs von Generations aufgegast haben, wir h?tten Modelle von ihnen geklaut, was nicht der Wahrheit entspricht, hab ich trotzdem beschlossen, erstmal die Modelle aus dem Screens sektor zu nehmen, um mir zu ?berlegen, wie man das am besten bewei?en kann.

PS for americans: You said we are Nazis, but we are not the one, who still kill children for oil! Amy Go Home!"

lol! now they're the ones playing 'victims'

I can't read German very well, is he saying that he merely put the picture there as inspiration for how best to proceed on their own ideas yet to be put into the game?

Can't tell.

PS: YEA GO HOME AMY
« Last Edit: 2005-06-12, 19:57 by Damager » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #38 on: 2005-06-12, 20:17 »

Bad Babblefish translation:

Since in the forum young from generation up-gassed themselves, we would have models of them geklaut, which does not correspond to the truth, I nevertheless let us decide to take first times the models from screens the sector in order to consider me, how one can beweissen best.

Someone can fix that up I'm sure.  As for the Nazi remarks, this is exactly why we asked people to not go postal and start flaming their boards, though I do wonder how Tabun, who is Dutch, figures into the whole "go home" statement?[/color]  Doom - Huh?

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #39 on: 2005-06-12, 20:28 »

What they're saying is that they think we're full of shit. Even so, they're removing the screenshots (or actually just the links, as you've noticed), until they have decided how the ownership can be proven.

In other words, they're probably making adjustments now that they consider to be big enough to be able to lie about ownership. That's the only way I can interpret it, because I KNOW what we've made, and who owns it. That would be us.

I'm Dutch, not German, so I don't see any logical error in their 'go home' attitude, other than the obvious one: If you steal someone's stereo, and they come to retrieve it, you don't tell them to go home.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-12, 20:29 by Tabun » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: