2024-04-20, 09:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 52
  Print  
Author Topic: it's... the Off-Topic Topic (it just won't die!)  (Read 402994 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #720 on: 2008-07-03, 01:55 »

Nifty!  I like the way the gun and crosshair kind of track around.  I also did not know about that lift on E1M1.  I knew you could get to the Quad from the room with the light switches but not from the room with the exploding crate. Slipgate - Surprised

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #721 on: 2008-07-03, 11:09 »

Naw but its better to save the quad for the last run..just love running down there with a quadded double shotgun and see the gibblets rain during my rampage Slipgate - Laugh

Nifty thing with the wii thought
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #722 on: 2008-07-03, 18:15 »

Yeah, it's looking awesome! But I never thought someone would actually port Q1 to the Wii. But what the hell was I expecting? Most iD games have been ported to everything and anything with a GPU.

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #723 on: 2008-07-22, 20:43 »

including my calculator Slipgate - Wink
Sucutrule

Tank Commander

KETEZEIT PEW PEW

« Reply #724 on: 2008-07-26, 05:26 »

I L O L D

... not really.

How I am supposed to type will all this cheese laying around?
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #725 on: 2008-07-26, 07:48 »

Holy shit... people still post here?
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #726 on: 2008-07-27, 02:31 »

Yes.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Sucutrule

Tank Commander

KETEZEIT PEW PEW

« Reply #727 on: 2008-07-27, 22:11 »

No

How I am supposed to type will all this cheese laying around?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #728 on: 2008-07-27, 22:44 »

Depends on whether you think of us as "people". I'm in two minds about the whole issue, to be honest..

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #729 on: 2008-07-28, 01:59 »

peo?ple     Pronunciation[pee-puhl] noun, plural -ples for 4, verb, -pled, -pling.
?noun
1.   persons indefinitely or collectively; persons in general: to find it easy to talk to people; What will people think?
2.   persons, whether men, women, or children, considered as numerable individuals forming a group: Twenty people volunteered to help.
3.   human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.
4.   the entire body of persons who constitute a community, tribe, nation, or other group by virtue of a common culture, history, religion, or the like: the people of Australia; the Jewish people.
5.   the persons of any particular group, company, or number (sometimes used in combination): the people of a parish; educated people; salespeople.
6.   the ordinary persons, as distinguished from those who have wealth, rank, influence, etc.: a man of the people.
7.   the subjects, followers, or subordinates of a ruler, leader, employer, etc.: the king and his people.
8.   the body of enfranchised citizens of a state: representatives chosen by the people.
9.   a person's family or relatives: My grandmother's people came from Iowa.
10.   (used in the possessive in Communist or left-wing countries to indicate that an institution operates under the control of or for the benefit of the people, esp. under Communist leadership): people's republic; people's army.
11.   animals of a specified kind: the monkey people of the forest.
?verb (used with object)
12.   to furnish with people; populate.
13.   to supply or stock as if with people: a meadow peopled with flowers.

And which definition.

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #730 on: 2008-07-28, 20:05 »

I'm going to go with 12! Slipgate - Smile
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #731 on: 2008-07-28, 20:37 »

I'm leaning towards 11. Literally.

MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #732 on: 2008-07-29, 17:05 »

See?  It's not so sophisticated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slRsexrhbG8&feature=related

-Veritas-
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #733 on: 2008-07-30, 01:49 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-XaBmRsg8

MEET THE SOLDIER... with which I will WTFPWN you in TF2.

Kajet

Vadrigar

« Reply #734 on: 2008-07-30, 14:46 »

Spam mail - Boring
Spam mail from someone named "Robert Wang" - slightly funny
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #735 on: 2008-08-03, 19:09 »

Pho, you should try playing as a scout. Best class in the entire game! That and sniper.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #736 on: 2008-08-04, 00:38 »

I suck as a sniper.  I will either:

1)  Miss everyone's head
2)  Score a "critical hit" but the guy lives anyway
3)  Get headshot by the guy across the map that does NOT miss
4)  Get backstabbed by a spy
5)  Get blown up by a demo
6)  Pick a bad location to snipe from and be completely useless

Two classes I play best are Pyro and Soldier.  I've wiped out the entire enemy team as a Pyro before, and that's without an ubercharge.  I've gotten all three Pyro weapons.  Setting snipers and heavies on fire with the flare gun is fun.  So is lighting someone up and using the compression blast to blow them off a ledge and have them crater.  I don't always equip the Backburner for that reason.  Soldier I learned how to play out of necessity.  Nobody on our team was able to take out a sentry turret so I gave the soldier a go.  Personally I think his rockets could be a bit more powerful but I've gotten to where I really like the class.  Watching the occasional critical rocket take out an entire Engy-Sentry-Dispenser-Teleporter cluster or obliterate a Heavy before a medic can Uber him is just satisfying.  I'm OK as a Heavy so long as I have a medic that knows what he's doing.  I've ripped people up with him before but I tend to attract headshots from snipers way too much.

I just don't do well playing classes that have to stay put or be really sneaky.  The exception is the Engineer, but that depends on the map and if we have a good spy checker.  Some maps are hard to place sentries on, and sometimes they're useless anyway, like when the other team knows how to uber rush or has a damned good spy.  Of course... a single engineer can also be a team's entire defense.  I played one game of Well CTF where the other team had a spy that was a complete dumbass.  He decloaked without a disguise in front of my sentry gun not once, but twice, trying to place a sapper on it.  Next time he realized to use a disguise and managed to get the sapper on it but tried shooting me while I knocked it off with my wrench, losing his disguise in the process.  My sentry gun did not appreciate that, and they never once got our intelligence.  Slipgate - Smirk

I like the Scout's speed but he goes down too quick.  I've used the Scout class many times to capture control points, only to have my team be stupid and not push ahead, get killed and lose the control point back, then lose the one I had just locked for them.  On the flipside I'm pretty good at dispatching Scouts as either Soldier or Pyro.  Beyond that, I make a pretty decent medic though I don't have any fun toys yet.  I absolutely hate playing as Demoman and I hate the class in general.  I can kill things with him but I just don't like using the class, and I despise players on the other team that can use the class absurdly well, especially if I'm an Engineer.  Spy I'm just no good with.  Sneaky class and I'm not good with sneaky.

Kajet

Vadrigar

« Reply #737 on: 2008-08-04, 01:04 »

Sneaky class and I'm not good with sneaky.

Yeah, why bother with a cloak and dagger when you can just cram a rocket where the sun don't shine?  Slipgate - Grin
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #738 on: 2008-08-06, 23:21 »

I WANT CLASSIC DOOM FOR PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rules:

I GOT IT!!!!

(cough) 2 years later (cough)

I could get into this whole homebrew lark ...

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #739 on: 2008-08-07, 02:38 »

Yeah, why bother with a cloak and dagger ..

Because it can be a fun challenge to try and startle people. See if you can get them on their toes, sometimes to the point of paranoia. :]

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 52
  Print  

Jump to: