2024-03-29, 11:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Snapshot  (Read 4580 times)
Kingu

Archvile

« on: 2006-07-29, 23:23 »

I get stuck at awaiting snapshot some times (like today), can someone tell me why is that happening, what to do with it?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-30, 04:29 »

You using compressed textures?  If not, try enabling.  That fixes it for me.  Otherwise, check your net vars and try lowering some.  Backup your q3config.cfg, then try these as a test for connection:

Compressed textures ON
com_maxfps 90
rate 5000
snaps 20
cl_packetdup 1

If that doesn't make it go away, we'll keep trying.  If it does, experiment with each setting one at a time to see which one might be causing it.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #2 on: 2006-07-31, 10:32 »

I was using compressed textures, and settings exept rate and fps settings i have same as you sugested. But to test it i'll have to wait for more crowded server, or is some other way ?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-01, 02:30 »

Well, I would try it on empty servers first.  You might try loading normal Q3 and finding a busy Q3 server and play with settings there.  If it's a general network issue or settings issue on your end it should do the same thing in both Q3 and Gen.  If it's a net issue between you and Euro, check the packet loss column in All-Seeing Eye, and try pinging the server several times in a minute.  If the ping values vary widely, or the packet loss column is higher than just a few or 0 percent, or also varies widely, then there's something bad between you and the server causing a bottleneck.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #4 on: 2006-08-01, 13:05 »

Looks like it has more to do with haveing not enough ram for gen and something "heavy"at same time, while haveing semidecent quality. I could join normaly at today game, when it was two of us, but had problem when other two joined, until i closed some progs.
 Anyway, thanks for help.  Thumbs up!
« Last Edit: 2006-08-01, 13:07 by Kingu » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: