2024-04-25, 00:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Punkbuster (Love it or Hate it?)  (Read 13127 times)
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #20 on: 2003-08-07, 15:33 »

Ah, yes, I remember them lovely times of PB on my modem....
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #21 on: 2003-08-07, 22:19 »

I'm not completely worshipping it. After all, I was angry at it in SOF2 where it caused ungodly amnounts of lag during the first 10-15 minutes of gameplay because of its authentication methods (yes, even with broadband - I had a T1 connection in the dorms).  Also, pb seems to dislike people behind home routers. However, one of the points I was trying to make was that we need to work with the makers of punkbuster to make it work right. You guys know how business works, right? You've got a demand, and it's a company's job to supply that demand. If the consumer is dissatisfied, they either let their provider know about it or stop buying the product. Living with cheats iz bad, so the other option would tell us to let evenbalance know how crappy pb has been performing. Most all of you are dissatisfied, right? Write up them e-letters and let 'em know.

We're all friends here, and most of us have met eachother one way or another. WHS members can trust eachother, but what about outside of WHS, when the mods get completed and sent out all over the 'net? What other alternative is there against cheats other than PB? None that I know of.

I see that most of you are dissatisfied with PB. I'm saying that your anger & energy would be better spent typing them e-mails. I'll type one up later tonight and post a copy of it here.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2003-08-08, 00:45 »

I see that most of you are dissatisfied with PB. I'm saying that your anger & energy would be better spent typing them e-mails. I'll type one up later tonight and post a copy of it here.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
LooF

Imp

« Reply #23 on: 2003-09-02, 18:08 »

I don't like punk buster, it doesn't even work I saw people in ET with unlimited stamina, no they weren't using adrenaline. My net connection isn't always on because I'm 4 miles from the central office and if I try to turn on ET without being online it'll freeze for 5 minutes before starting.
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #24 on: 2003-09-03, 09:12 »

I must admit I haven't read all of your long replies, but IMO PunkBuster rules. Without it, there would be cheaters on every server you try, like in CS.
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #25 on: 2003-09-04, 00:03 »

Last time I installed PunkBuster, it corrupted Q3.exe.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: