2024-03-28, 10:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Generations 1.0 Preview Video!  (Read 21870 times)
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #20 on: 2007-09-16, 20:12 »

Pho, not so long ago, you came up with the idea of a lag generator, so that people would be able to train in LAN games with lag. Are you planning on including this feature?

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2007-09-16, 20:21 »

Remember that cl_timenudge <millisecond delay> works in Generations, too. The higher, the more "lag". It's not exactly the same as real lag, but it should suffice for training..

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2007-09-16, 21:44 »

In Quake 3 1.32 cl_timenudge is locked to values between -30 and +30, so you can't do lag testing with normal Q3 or Gen .99f.  This change happened back when Q3 1.17 was released I think.  I've modified the 1.0 Generations executable to allow for cl_timenudge values up to 600 for lag simulation.  When Gen 1.0 is released anyone will be able to do this, but right now it can only be done in the non-public beta.

Vamp:  Yeah, I know.  I wanted to get the original lightning effect in because I wanted contrast with the Slipgate thunderbolt's effect, and at the time I wasn't sure I'd get a model beam trail working.  That and I like the original effect.  However, I'm fond of cvars and player options so at some point (assuming I don't forget) I'll code back in the options to enable those weapon effects and allow clients to toggle between the desired lightning effects for Arena Gladiators.
  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #23 on: 2007-09-27, 20:17 »

it is coming along really nice, anychance of a decemeber release  Doom - Huh?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2007-09-28, 00:21 »

Not likely.  There's still way too much to do.

Aquashark

Unnamed Player

« Reply #25 on: 2007-10-01, 15:50 »

i understand you have other stuff to do than this mod and you should not hurry Slipgate - Smile
but can you please post about progress a little more often? that should keep us pumped up for the release Slipgate - Smile
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #26 on: 2007-10-01, 17:13 »

Best place to check for progress is in the .plan section on the main website.  That usually gives an idea of "what are we working on, what are we planning", etc, in a nice summary form.  Details beyond that can sometimes be caught in the chat room when we're tossing ideas around.

As for specifics... I have a changelog that has about 250 entries since .99f.  Some of that is internal changes (Code this, break that, go back and fix it) and a lot of it is new/changed feature and fixed bugs.  I do not share the change log because some of it I don't want public - yet.  Development-wise I tend to work in two modes - creep, and surge.  I'll creep for a bit when my creativity slumps, and I'll surge when I'm giddy and energized and making something work that was hard to figure out.  It's also hard to post on progress because what may seem like major progress visually might be technically a minor change, but something technically major might have little outward visibility.  An example is the weapon frames code.  I can't really "show" that.  The video does that, but it required both the models AND the code to be finished.  There's a lot more stuff that's kind of in a semi-working state.

Right now I'm working on grappling hooks for each class.  We have models and animations, but I can't show off any effects shots because I'm still working on the effects code.  Said code has been problematic and featured several technical hurdles that took some time to figure out the best way to overcome.  I'm not going to show off something I'm not satisfied with and right now the grapples are not in a "demonstrable" condition.  Once they are, I'll see about getting some screenies up so you can peek at the new CTF grapples.  Once the grappling hooks are all working I'll decide where I want to go next and make a .plan post on it.

Now as for Tab... Tab's very much showing off what he's doing.  He's got some very nifty map pics on the Laced Neptune board.  Check on over there to see.
  Doom - Love

Call3mann

Unnamed Player

« Reply #27 on: 2007-12-09, 22:26 »

This mod is simply the best mod for Q3 ever! =D
Really looking forward to the 1.0 release. ^^

Btw(not sure where to ask): What software are you guys using to make the weapons?(thinking the model)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2007-12-09, 23:12 »

We've used a combination of programs.  I like to generate meshes in Quake 2 Modeler because I like the controls and I'm a lot faster with it than I am with Max right now.  Tab, HedHunta, and Ren have pretty much worked with Max for mesh generation.  Tag placement and animation has all been done in Max, and final "cleanup" on the models is done with Npherno's md3 compiler.  Textures are created in Photoshop.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: