2024-04-20, 12:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a hoax by any other name?  (Read 5629 times)
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« on: 2004-05-22, 18:39 »

Someone linked me this:
http://aztlan.net/berg_abu_ghraib_video.htm

Anyone able to verify some of this?

I don't like the picture this paints, don't like it at all.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-22, 23:33 »

well they think the americans faked a video of an american getting decapitated so that they can say that the iraqies are even wurse then what they do with iraqie prisoners .

( they already tricked us with something like this before .  /me points to the resque of the female soldier in an iraqie hospital . )
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #2 on: 2004-05-23, 01:20 »

Hoax or not, either way, Nick Berg is dead. Knowing whoever perpetrated/staged it doesn't change that.
« Last Edit: 2004-05-23, 01:22 by Assamite » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-05-23, 04:44 »

Games, they said Al Qaida did it, not the Iraqis.  Please get your facts straight if you want to criticize something.

This does indeed seem suspicious.  I had wondered about the orange prisoner garb when the first pictures were shown regarding this video.  After all, terrorists who kidnap you keep you "as-is" and rough you up.  They don't put you into US standard issue prison clothes!

The real questions are as follows:

If the beheading was fake, who killed this man?
If the beheading was not fake, who are these killers?

I've not seen the video myself, I have no desire to, however if a man, Nick Berg or otherwise, was actually killed in the video then it raises a lot of concerns.  If it was filmed at the Abu Ghraib prison, which is US controlled, with a US military officer looking on as suggested, then it means US operatives were responsible for the staged and deliberate murder of a civilian for the sole purpose of spreading propaganda.  The alternative is that Israeli intelligence agents staged it, as noted by the Uzi clips on some of the supposed "terrorists", but the presence of a US officer looking on still does not absolve the US of anything here;  It just makes this all the more damnable.

Lastly, if the beheading was faked, then where is the real Nick Berg?

They say the truth is the first casualty in any war.  This only serves to drive that point home even deeper.  I suppose we'll never know for sure what happened.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2004-05-23, 06:30 »

actually the saying is that innocence is the first casualty of war.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #5 on: 2004-05-23, 07:38 »

Upon watching the video in question, many of the points brought up in that article become more than apparent to anyone with a shred of perception, despite poor film quality (in the version I have, at least). However, even without this evidence, the entire situation stinks of deceit. Though games keeper is close in his thought, I would disagree. I believe that this is merely a piece of propaganda to take attention away from the prisoner abuse by creating something that is far more atrocious in the teary eyes of any fearful American. The very fact that so many people were shocked at the concept of Americans abusing prisoners shows just how naive the general populace is anyway.
« Last Edit: 2004-05-23, 07:39 by dev/null » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2004-05-23, 07:49 »

I have to agree with you there.  People forget how ugly and brutal war really is.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-05-23, 11:35 »

Not arguing your point, I fully agree war sucks ofcourse.
There's naivit?, and pureness of heart. The former means one is shocked because one never saw it coming. The latter means one is shocked because even though one knows what's going on, one does not grow accustomed to it.

I'm just hoping it's the second, for a lot of people.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: