2024-03-29, 08:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: More "Blame the Game" (Let's see what YOU say)  (Read 12408 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2005-02-03, 23:17 »

Now quantum physics adds a nice level of uncertainty to the mix -- because actually we might not know what reality is at all... ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #21 on: 2005-02-04, 00:34 »

I am starting to think that we might all be just programs running in a big machine, not real people at all. (not like the matrix!) If this is so there might be some clues we could see, and they might be in anything. Oweing to the fact that there might be hundreds of simulations of the earth, and only one real earth, the odds are that we are in a simulation!

Is this just an arena?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2005-02-04, 08:23 »

I think it's more like a forge myself, but being that I program video games I do have an interesting perspective on how God might see the universe.  Mostly it runs on its own, but things like miracles, supernatural and unexplained stuff are sort of like cvar changes and on-the-fly tweaks.  I think we're somewhere in an active self-compile process.  I consider this universe to be the Beta version.  I'm still waiting for Creation 1.0 to go Gold.  Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #23 on: 2005-02-04, 09:25 »

Quote from: Phoenix
I consider this universe to be the Beta version.  I'm still waiting for Creation 1.0 to go Gold.
Even if it's a beta, you still have to marvel at how good God is with handling multiple inheritance and dynamic memory allocation. Slipgate - Wink

Gnam

Makron

« Reply #24 on: 2005-02-06, 16:56 »

I think this article exagerates the effect, but it is there. After doing anything for a long time, your subcontious tendencies are to continue that action mentally. But, I wouldn't go so far as to say it compels people to swerve their car so they can "pick up" a mailbox in their "tape ball".

I can remember though, for example, after playing puzzle games for a long time, I've found myself subcontiously looking around for matching colors or shapes to put together, and stuff like that. Or if I'm working on a painting for a long time, when I finally leave my room, I start looking for the strongest highlights and shadows everywhere, and imagining what the best brush stroke would be to capture a tree in the distance.

I can't remember any recent case of "looking for targets" after playing an FPS, but that's probably because I've played so much, I'm desensitized to the effect. I do remember though a couple years ago when my friends and I would play Halo around the dorms, sometimes I thought I heard the "doot, doot, doot, dooooot" respawning sound effect when I wasn't playing.

LOL, I remember though when I was like 5 I played Super Mario Bros. before bedtime, and after having dreams of being trapped in mario land, when I woke in the middle of the night, I was trying to hit my pillow and make mushrooms come out! While I will still ocasionally have a dream where I'm playing a game, I don't think I'm in the game when I wake up.  Slipgate - Roll Eyes
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2005-02-23, 15:00 »

Thanks Penny Arcade ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: